slimfast?

Options
has anyone had any success trying Slimfast? I've done it about 6 yrs ago and did well ok, thinking of trying again... Any one have pros/cons on this?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of runners tout it as a good recovery drink after a hard run!

But unless they've significantly changed it from what I remember, it has so much sugar in it that you're likely to be hungry between meals. :frown:
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I dont like the shakes cause they have TONS of junk added in. All sorts of additives and partially-whatever and artificial anything. My protein powder of choice is Aria women's, and besides that I eat Think Thin bars for protein as well. I have tried SlimStyles with PGx as meal replacement, but I find that with almost all meal replacing I get hungry too fast :( food is better.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    its VERY high in sugar...in fact, i tried it for 2 weeks, and almost everyday i was over on my sugar.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    I dont like the shakes cause they have TONS of junk added in. All sorts of additives and partially-whatever and artificial anything. My protein powder of choice is Aria women's, and besides that I eat Think Thin bars for protein as well. I have tried SlimStyles with PGx as meal replacement, but I find that with almost all meal replacing I get hungry too fast :( food is better.
    i agree...anytime i tried anything with meal replacements i was hungry fast too
  • rachelsewardxo
    Options
    i drink one in the morning for breakfast , because its something i can just get down while im getting ready before school . I love it because it fills me for a while & it really doesnt take horrible if you get the right ones (:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I prefer to make my own shakes. I use Hemp protien powder. It is high in fiber, contains 10 essential amino acids, and is low in sugar. I add a little PB, maybe a banana.... Keeps me full, thats for sure. And most importantly, I know exactly whats in it.
  • imastarkidder
    Options
    I'm drinking one right now. They have changed the formula recently and it is a little better. I am using it to jump start my plan. I fugured it can be as bad as all the junk food I was eating. Seems to be working great. I eat a decent lunch and other than that I am drinking slim fast, eating fruit, or a luna bar. I don't get hungry and am not having cravings. Also, the new formula doesn't produce the bloating I experienced in the past with slim fast. Hope this helps!