New to myfitnesspal

Options
I have tried several weight loss plans over the years, and finally have come to the conclusion that I will only be able to achieve my weight loss goals by a "healthier life change", by the foods I choose to eat, portion control and exercise. Today is March 1st and my goal is to loose 10# this month. :)

Replies

• outdoorsmom
    outdoorsmom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can do. We will be here for you. good luck and welcome
  • lottolin
    lottolin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. Counting calories has been great for me. I have lost weight and my clothes looks and feels good on me now. I never realized how many calories I was consuming on a daily basis..... no wonder I could never lose weight before and keep it off! Welcome! :laugh:
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Welcome..this has been a total eye opener..about 2 weeks ago I went to iHop..took a cheat day and ate my normal french toast breakfast...over 1000 cals...I said 2 my husband...no wonder I'm overweight...it never mattered b4!!
  • mrskaya
    mrskaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am working on loosing my last 10lbs the month of March too! WE CAN DO IT!!! This site is wonderful! I used it when I prepared for state competitions through the Miss America Pageant, getting ready for my wedding, and now just to be healthy for life! Keep steady and you can make your dream body a reality!

Kaya
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    That is exactly what I thought when I started to lose weight this time around. It's all about moderation, new habits, and NOT DIETING! Lifestyle changes are what keeps the weight off, diets always have an end. Welcome and good luck!
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I've been using this program for 3 weeks and already lost 10 pounds! You'll love it also. I don't feel like i'm dieting because nothing is really restricted. Just need to make different choices. If you'd like to have more food, you'll be motiviated to do some exercise so you can earn those food!
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    10lbs in March is my goal too. I wonder if I should make an inches goal too? Good luck, I'm here for ya!
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    Welcome..this has been a total eye opener..about 2 weeks ago I went to iHop..took a cheat day and ate my normal french toast breakfast...over 1000 cals...I said 2 my husband...no wonder I'm overweight...it never mattered b4!!

I went to IHOP the other day and was so worried about the calories. I kept looking all over the menu for meals that constists at least eggs, bacon, and pancake. I found it in the kids menu called Baby Cakes. It had scrambled egg substitute, turkey bacon, and 5 silver dollar pancakes. I used the sugar free syrup. The whole thing was only 235 calories! I was thrilled!
  • Rnjennmcc
    Rnjennmcc Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you :smile: This site is wonderful...it has been a real eye opener to what I was eating in the past. No wonder I am where I am today.
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good luck and stay focussed
  • Naomilynn72
    Naomilynn72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am kinda new to this site, I started the other day. I was told by my doctor that I have IBS and need to lose this horrible weight and to do that by not dieting but by just counting my calories and portion control. So far I am really excited about this site for the simple 3 simple reasons of I can get to it from my phone and 2 its easy to use and 3 I have my friends on here cheering me on and joining the calorie counter with me. I am praying to stay encouraged, dedicated and motivated with this lifestyle change. I do hope to make some new friends along the way. :flowerforyou:
  • chcrowe
    chcrowe Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there! I'm finally taking this site more seriously. Recently went to Vegas with some friends (Girls Wknd) and we took some pictures. We looked at them and HATED the way we looked in them. We decided right then that we needed make some changes. We put in $20 each and whoever gets loses 20lbs first wins the pot. No crazy diets or anything else. Just changing the way we eat and getting moblie. It's not about the money though (I need to lose more than just 20 lbs), its about feeling better about myself again. We all do. So hoping to make some new friends and trying to stay dedicated and motivated!!!

Good luck to everyone!!
  • AmandaM226
    AmandaM226 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI all my name is Amanda and this is my first day here and I want to make it work... Been on weight watchers and never seem to stick with it! I wanna do it for me and I want to be more healthy! Hope to make so friends and find people to chat with while I go through this and then some! Im from California have a background in law enforcement and currently working at a school with special needs children. I love love love reading. LOL but I think I need to do more hiking. There is a 5 mile trail here called Damnation and its called that for a reason. I want to hike that before the year is out so here is to getting more fit!