crystal light water

Options
ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
I had a bottle of water today and added crystal light to it. Is it still okay to count this as part of my water intake for the day (I did log the crystal light) Just wondering if that water would still count as "water"

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I would count it as water, myself.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    If you're always struggling to meet your water I would be hesitant (perhaps log half to compensate?).
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I always count it towards my water for the day.
  • skynyrdchick
    Options
    Yes, I count it as water intake :o)
  • shan070877
    shan070877 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would count as water too. Make sure to get the Fit crystal light with no artificial sweetners.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have kidney stones and HAVE to drink water and this is the only way I do! I do use about 1 packet for 30 ouces of water though. I find some are too strong for 8 oz. So I do dillute it alot! I especially like Raspberry Lemonade.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I count it as my water, but I use vitamin water bottles (20 oz) and count it as 2 glasses of water.
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    if pour 8oz of water why would it be less water just because you add flavor??
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have kidney stones and HAVE to drink water and this is the only way I do! I do use about 1 packet for 30 ouces of water though. I find some are too strong for 8 oz. So I do dillute it alot! I especially like Raspberry Lemonade.

Ditto! I have chronic pancreatitis, which frequently leads to kidney stones.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    thanks guys. I was only doubting it because I saw a post questioning it a few weeks ago but didn't read what the results were. I usually get enough water in the run of the day anyways but if I fall low today I might tac one on to bump it up.
  • TimarieS
    TimarieS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would count as water too. Make sure to get the Fit crystal light with no artificial sweetners.

Where do you find this? I don't consume anything with aspartame or other artificial sweeteners, the other day I saw a box at costco that was Crystal Light Natural Lemonade, but it was anything but natural!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

It is because of the sweeteners used as to why it shouldn't be counted as water intake.

I was told if you add anything to water besides lemon, lime or orange slice that it should not count as water intake. This is coming from a Naturopathic Doctor who specialized in nutrition.