DANGER....TODAY IS FREE PANCAKE DAY AT IHOP...HELP

Options
JesaGrace
JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
OH NO!! IT'S HERE!! Today is free pancake day at IHOP....are there any healthly pancakes? or am I doomed? Or should I just save some calories for the event...?

Replies

• KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    instant cure...

IHOP gives me the runs and the BG's (bubble guts) every single time i ate there. so i just stopped. completely.

:)
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I just made my own!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Ummm.. Just don't go there
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    sum up that 1 pancake is 100 cals....give or take depending on size. Ask for sugar free syrup. Work it into your calories today. I wouldn't say a they are "healthy" cause its very starchy. But can easily work it into your day! ENJOY!
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just fyi, the pancakes are not that bad for you, if you can resist all of the topping. It works for me, since I prefer them without butter and syrup.
  • bordersvm
    bordersvm Posts: 70
    Options
    I think you should just try with all your might and not go. If it's too hard, just eat like one whole wheat pancake. The syrup is gonna getcha with the calories FAST. Beware and Becareful, don't fall for the trap. You will feel so good if you don't give in. I promise! If you do, be good and make GOOD choices.

Good luck to you :wink:
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    OH NO!! IT'S HERE!! Today is free pancake day at IHOP....are there any healthly pancakes? or am I doomed? Or should I just save some calories for the event...?

why did you have to tell me this!!!
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Think about the crowds. That's enough to deter anyone from taking part of that. Be strong!!!
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    I don't think you get many options on what you get.. I think it's just a short stack of their regular ones. I only know about it because of a savings blog I'm subscribed to. Honestly, it's going to be packed, you'll get three free pancakes. might as well stay home and make your own "free" pancakes.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but my twin sister goes every year and has invited me to go with friends that I don't get to see very often.....I don't want to just NOT go....I want to see them.....
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/1882

HG's Cinn-fully Good Pancake Stack

IHOP really does love to crank out crazy, high-fat, super-sugary breakfast foods... almost as much as we like to convert calorie-packed items into guilt-free dishes! Check out the transformation we pulled on the 'HOP's pile of gooey cinnamon p-cakes...

Ingredients:
    Filling
    Half a 60-calorie sugar-free vanilla pudding snack (like the kind by Jell-O)
    2 tbsp. sugar-free pancake syrup
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Icing
    2 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
    1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
    1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Pancakes and Topping
    1/2 cup whole-wheat flour

1/2 tsp. baking powder

2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda or Truvia)
    Dash salt

1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute 
(like Egg Beaters Original)
    2 tbsp. fat-free or low-fat buttermilk
    2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
    To make the filling, spoon half of the pudding snack -- about 3 tbsp. -- into a small microwave-safe bowl. (Save the rest for another time.) Add syrup and cinnamon and mix well. Set aside.

In another small microwave-safe bowl, combine icing ingredients and gently stir. Microwave for 15 seconds, and then mix until smooth. Set aside.

To make the pancake batter, combine flour, baking powder, sweetener, and salt in a medium bowl. Add egg substitute, buttermilk, and 1/3 cup water. Mix until smooth and set aside.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add 1/3rd of the batter to form a pancake. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until pancake begins to bubble and is solid enough to flip. Gently flip and cook for 1 - 2 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through. Plate your pancake and set aside.

Repeat with remaining batter to make a 2nd and 3rd pancake, removing skillet from heat and re-spraying between repetitions. Plate and set aside.

Microwave filling until warm, about 25 seconds. Evenly spread filling onto the top of each pancake, and then layer pancakes into a stack.

Microwave icing until hot, about 25 seconds. Mix well and drizzle over the stack. Top with Reddi-wip and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 stack (entire recipe)
    Calories: 345
    Fat: 2.5g
    Sodium: 823mg
    Carbs: 63g
    Fiber: 7.5g
    Sugars: 5g
    Protein: 20.5g

PointsPlus™ value 9*

Other creative recipes on Hungry-Girl.com

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1455

AND MORE!!

Crazy-Good Carrot-Cake Pancakes

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 290 calories, 1.5g fat, 510mg sodium, 54g carbs, 8g fiber, 15g sugars, 16g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 7*

Two large and fluffy pancakes and a sweet cream cheese glaze... YUMMMM! And don't be daunted by the number of ingredients. This extra-special breakfast is 100% worth it!

Ingredients:

For Pancakes
    1/4 cup shredded carrots, chopped
    1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin
    2 tbsp. crushed pineapple in juice, drained
    2 tbsp. light vanilla soymilk
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 tbsp. raisins
    1/3 cup whole-wheat flour (not packed)
    1/4 tsp. baking powder
    1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
    3/4 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    Dash salt

For Glaze
    1/2 tsp. powdered sugar
    1 no-calorie sweetener packet
    1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 tbsp. light vanilla soymilk
    1 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature

Directions:
    Place carrots in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tbsp. water. Cover and microwave for about 1 minute, until softened. Once cool enough to handle, add egg substitute, pumpkin, pineapple, soymilk, vanilla extract, raisins, and 2 tbsp. water. Mix well and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all other pancake ingredients: flour, baking powder, sweetener, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir well. Add carrot-egg mixture and mix thoroughly.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add half of the batter to the pan to form one large pancake. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until pancake begins to bubble and is solid enough to flip. Gently flip and cook for an additional 1 - 2 minutes, until both sides are lightly browned and inside is cooked through. Plate your pancake. Remove skillet from heat, re-spray, and return to medium-high heat. Repeat with remaining batter to make a second pancake.

To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar, sweetener, vanilla extract, and soymilk in a small dish. Mix thoroughly. Add cream cheese and microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spread over your pancakes and eat up!

MAKES 1 SERVING

AND MORE!!!!!!

HG's Oatrageous Chocolate Chip Pancakes: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1014

Serving Size: 2 pancakes with butter and whipped topping (entire recipe)
    Calories: 241

And three more healthy recipes at the bottom of this page: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1100

Hungry Griddle!

From the kitchen of Hungry Girl...

Blueberry Apple Pancake Shake-Up - An HG book exclusive! Packed with fruit, fiber, and FUN...

Oatrageous Chocolate Chip Pancakes - That's right. Chocolate for breakfast. Do you REALLY need any convincing?

Very Blueberry Pancakes - So good they may not need syrup... but we use it anyway!

Creamy Banana Pumpkin Pie Pancakes - Yes, these are as good as they sound. You could try memorizing this book recipe real fast at the bookstore... but we recommend you play it safe and purchase the book instead!
  • eating4balance
    Options
    And yes, I realize that was a really long post (Just so you know!)
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The only thing you get is ONE free short stack. Its 3 pancakes, 490 calories. You can get whatever syrup you want and ask for no butter, but that's about it.

If you go - and this is to anyone, not just the OP - please don't be a jerk and leave a donation to the Children's Miracle Network. Its the right thing to do, and what the event was designed for.

Honestly, if you're that paranoid, just don't go. Or, go to see your family and don't eat. Problem solved.
  • eating4balance
    Options
    Yeah, but my twin sister goes every year and has invited me to go with friends that I don't get to see very often.....I don't want to just NOT go....I want to see them.....

And I just realized that those recipes probably won't help you very much at IHOP... LOL

My suggestion would be to get the free short stack of 2 pancakes. Add a side of egg whites or turkey bacon and eat those first to fill you up. Top the pancakes with sugar free syrup or fresh fruit and eat just until you're full.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Don't go. It's not that expensive for those pancakes. Last time we went to IHOP, really found out how bad (and not good taste at all) over there, and we probably won't ever go there unless we have no choice. I rather over calories on good tasty food, period.