burning calories

Options
i am 5'4" and 144 pounds.. i'm confused... my calorie intake is supposed to be 1200. i aim for just at it or just below it... how many calories do i have to burn doing exercise a week to lose a pound a week? 1.5 pounds a week?

no weight is coming off!!!! i do only burn off about 300 calories one day, 200 the next ..... and i alternate the days between the 300 calorie runs and the 200 calorie 30 day shred video

why dont i look like Jillian????? lol

Replies

• xxxwings
    xxxwings Posts: 13
    Options
    You need to *net* 1200 to lose weight. Do not go under! Your body will go into starvation mode & store fat.
    So when you exercise, you add those calories to your goal for the day. So if you burn 300 calories and eat 1200, you are only netting 900 which is *bad*.
  • ggsalas
    ggsalas Posts: 3
    Options
    I am with you 100% I was 261 now I am 217, and i feel stuck like those last 17 pounds are pulling me down. :(
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    from what i was informed of, if you eat 1200 and burn 300 of that working out, your body only gets 900. not enough to run a body. i was eating 1000 and hitting the gym and lost NADA!! for a year!!! for a week i have been eating 1800 and hitting the gym and i have lost 7lbs. so i guess you really do have to eat your exercise calories.
  • mugsy2010nic
    mugsy2010nic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to eat all three meals a day? Some skip breakfast and your body depends on this meal to jump start your metabolism, also light snacks in between meals are important even if it's a 70 calorie banana. I like to do the Wii fitness or dance games and that makes it easy and fun to burn a few 100 calories :) I def don't go under the calorie intake your body will keep the weight thinking it is starving!
  • doniellef
    doniellef Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you eating the calories burned each day? I have heard the calories burned are actually lower than what the website says. I try and ignore the calories I burn, and stay within my actual calorie goal. Most days I don't even put in the calories I burn - instead I just concentrate on how many calories I am actually eating. I was wondering too - are you getting enough calories?? I am 5'2 and started at 156. I eat around 1400 calories each day and am seeing results (slowly but surely - 1 pound a week avg.) It could also be the right calories, but still wrong food choices (too much sugar or carbs?) Stuff worth looking into.
    Don't get discouraged- keep it up!
    Good Luck!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone.. i eat 5-6 times a day, i'm hypo glycemic so have to to regulate my bloodsugar.. dont eat sugars..

when i work out, my daily calorie limit goes up by like 300 for example.. so then i try to eat those 300 back.....

so on my food log page, where it says 1200 to begin with goes up to 1500 when i exercise.. so then i try to get as close to eating 1500 total as i can.... right?????/

i read somewhere you have to burn 3600 calories a week to lose one pound.. if thats correct, i'm only burning about 1800 a week....