2 pounds a day

Options
2»

Replies

• Mary830
    Mary830 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm going to assume that you are serious and genuinely wanting to know this (since my first instinct was to dismiss this post)

1st off: sometimes it *is* possible to lose more than 2 lbs a week. Sometimes it's even healthy. I know that, for me, in the first few days/weeks when I commit to being healthier- the weight comes off much faster. Usually that comes from a "shock" to my system- going from high sodium, high calorie foods and little to no exercise to watching what I eat, drinking plenty of water and working out every day.

BUT

That type of weight loss is not normal OR healthy for a long term commitment. Once your body adjusts to your new diet and routine, that "quick" loss is going to taper off. If you are eating right and exercising on a consistent basis- you shouldn't (and most likely won't) see more than a 1-2 lb a week average loss.

What worries me about your post is that it screams FAD DIET or QUICK FIX. In my experience, people who want to lose 10+ pounds in a week have that goal because they look at the calendar and suddenly see a "deadline" that they want to look thin/fit for. Instead of losing weight as part of a healthy lifestyle, they want to do it short term because of a party, wedding, etc...

I really hope that this is not you. There are a lot of great tools here, and I hope you take advantage of them. Commit to a lifestyle change and embrace the "slow and steady wins the race" mindset. In the long run you'll be grateful!
  • malissaperkins
    Options
    Really, REALLY hoping this was just a joke post....
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    In the poster's defense, watching the Biggest Loser could convince someone that it is possible to lose 2 pounds a day. At their "weekly" weigh-ins they lose 14+ pounds at a time. I know this is not realistic, but someone could get that idea.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    What you're describing is a "crash diet" type rate that can only be maintained for a week or so.
    A lot of what you'll lose will be water that you'll regain just as rapidly if you hydrate properly.

2 pounds a week is an aggressive pace. 2 pounds a day is just NOT healthy in the long run.
  • formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    Will not happen!!
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You're joking, right? I have to assume there isn't a literate person who could actually think you can run a 7000 calorie deficit daily, which is what a 2 pound weight loss requires. Complete dehydration might work, don't drink anything and take diuretics. You'll die in a week or so, but you'll lose 2 pounds a day until then.

LMAO!!

Seriously though - what you're trying to do is impossible!!!
  • jjrichard
    jjrichard Posts: 22
    Options
    It sounds to me it was a made up character being an *kitten* and laughing at the comments being made..seriously..no info on profile, no pic, etc..some people have nothing else to do i guess...
  • Kellybegone
    Options
    I can barely reach 1 pound a week. But hey....I bet smoking crack will boost that! Oh that isn't healthy! Let's be reasonable. If you are heavier, you will lose more, but that's A LOT in a day!
  • ChristineMiller2
    Options
    Hi there,
    Can you describe what your current weight, build, body type and exercise program is? Based on this information you may drop huge numbers per week in the beginning, I'm not sure what this particulair program does when you say you want to drop 14 lbs a week. This is where I get upset with shows like Biggest Loser, or 100 pds in 30 days etc. I don't think its healthy and it scares me to think people do. I'm sorry you received some hurtful posts, but I think people are just shocked when they hear 2 lbs a day. How long did you want to do 2 lbs a day for. I think we need a lot more information on your plan and length of this goal. Take care dear, take this slowly........anything done fast and furious at the starts, usually ends the same :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    "Do not feed the trolls"

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, recent media accounts have used the term troll to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[3][4]

:smile:
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    uhh, you got good insurance, cuz youre gonna need it..........

2 lbs a day is suicide, you cant lose 65 lbs a month, its impossible...........Lloyd

What he said.
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    do you want to do this healthy? IF yes then this is the site for you otherwise its not.....
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    TROLL. That's 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    People, stop feeding the troll.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't believe its healthy but its not impossible and people prove it all the time.however it would require and extreme amount of workout time a day and a very strict diet.do u have 6 to 8 hours to devote everyday to workingout,and have u asked your doctor if this is right for u ..if he or she thinks it ok and is going to monitor you on a daily basis then more power to you,I however have a very high fitness level and have set my goal to 2lbs a week and know how much dedication it takes me to just do that.and by the way I'm watching biggest loser right now someone lost 14lbs but that was a 2week weigh in.
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You're joking, right? I have to assume there isn't a literate person who could actually think you can run a 7000 calorie deficit daily, which is what a 2 pound weight loss requires. Complete dehydration might work, don't drink anything and take diuretics. You'll die in a week or so, but you'll lose 2 pounds a day until then.

lol...yeah, probably not the best idea.

Weight loss lasts better when it's done slowly. I could understand maybe 4lbs a week if you are very overweight..but 2lbs a day is definitely dangerous. Take care of yourself get proper nutrition. We have to remember it took longer than a day to get here, so it's going to take some time to get where we want to be. :) MFP is a great resource, but if you're losing weight for your health, you should do it in a healthy way.

I think this is the best way to handle this man's question. Major props!