Missing my Daughter the soldier Ft Jackson has her

Options
Well My Daughter left for boot camp yesterday she called me all throughout the day and told me each time this is probably the last time I'm going to talk to you till I graduate "I love You". Today starts her intake so I probably wont hear from her. Even though we didn't talk everyday I at least got a text from her or a call. It wouldn't go more than 2 -3 days at the most. This girl of mine well she was so tough to raise a real defiant:party hell raiser and being a single mom it was hard for me to chase after her and raise her brother. I feel so rewarded for having such a wild ride with her and her turning her life around to be a part of the Army National Guard makes me feel like I did something right. She said to me "Mom your gonna be so proud of me when you see me in uniform on my graduation" I said " I already am!!!!!" :bigsmile:

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    aww..that's so awesome..i wish her the best of luck..my hubby went to basic training @ ft. jackson..i hardly talked to him on the phone, but he sent me letters everyday..stay strong :)
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Thats amazing :)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Awww, so glad you posted that. God bless you both. What a joy and a relief it is when they turn out so great. :flowerforyou:
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My husband did AIT at Jackson! Best of luck to you and her! I'm sure she'll be a great soldier!!! :)))
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! AND Congratulations on getting your tough girl raised! I had one of those! I wish she had gone into the military....but she is making it on her own and I'm proud of her for pulling herself out of the rut she was in!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Well My Daughter left for boot camp yesterday she called me all throughout the day and told me each time this is probably the last time I'm going to talk to you till I graduate "I love You". Today starts her intake so I probably wont hear from her. Even though we didn't talk everyday I at least got a text from her or a call. It wouldn't go more than 2 -3 days at the most. This girl of mine well she was so tough to raise a real defiant:party hell raiser and being a single mom it was hard for me to chase after her and raise her brother. I feel so rewarded for having such a wild ride with her and her turning her life around to be a part of the Army National Guard makes me feel like I did something right. She said to me "Mom your gonna be so proud of me when you see me in uniform on my graduation" I said " I already am!!!!!" :bigsmile:
    my brother left for basic at ft jackson this morning. *hugs* she'll be home soon :)
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I spent 8 years in the Army Reserve, and am a Combat Veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom (I was in Afghanistan from May '04-May '05). I went to Basic Training in Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri. Don't worry, your daughter will do just fine. She sounds a lot like I was when I joined! Trust me, the discipline I learned was a life lesson that I needed and I have kept. One of my best Army Buddies went to Jackson. I used to tease her that it was "Relaxin Jackson" :laugh: , but it really all depends on the company that you are assigned to.
    Either way, I think the Army taught me some of the best lessons that I have learned in life! God Bless your daughter for serving! She will come out an even better, more empowered woman than it sounds like she already is. You are a lucky Mom! :heart:
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Phyllis,
    Welcome to the Army family! Go River Raiders!! My daughter went to Ft. Jackson last summer. It is rough waiting and waiting for those letters to come in the mail. Don't be surprised if you don't get a phone call at all until just before graduation.

On the plus side of her being at Ft. Jackson, they have a facebook page, one of the few that do. You get updates from the BN CDR: LTC John Allen BN and CSM: CSM Kenneth Hendrix BCT. Each group gets photos posted usually on Sundays. You can connect with others and ask questions. It sure does help get you through what is going on with your daughter even though contact is limited.

Here is the page for the 3rd Battalion, 60th Infantry, if you have a facebook account, if not, it may be time to get one just for the extra support during this trying time.... https://www.facebook.com/pages/3rd-Battalion-60th-Infantry-Regiment-RIVER-RAIDERS/126205517413061

If she is not in this particular one, I'm sure if you asked or did a search you could find out which one your daughter is in.

Best wishes fellow Army Mom!
    Marcia
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    It will get ALITTLE easier with time!

My youngest went into the Navy in 2007. I thought I'd lose my mind at first. But when you see them grow and change, your worries will ease alitte.

And if it gets too bad, I'll head on over to Ft. Jackson (I don't live too far away) and peer thru the fence to see if I can find her!! He He!!
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    My sister-in-law left a month after my husband did for basic. She did hers at Fort Jackson, he did his at Fort Sill. It goes by fast.

She got to make calls on Sunday (as long as they didn't get the privilege revoked). But, it also depends on the Drill Sergeant.

I am currently waiting on my husband to come home from deployment...still got a few months to go and I can't wait. I'm all sappy and cry all the time *this post made me cry*.

Good luck and thank her for me :)
  • phyllis45
    phyllis45 Posts: 25
    Options
    All you guys are the best!!!!! I might have to take Nailrep up on her offer of peeking through the fence and jmmtaylor I was crying to when I wrote this.............. My Daughter has realy put herself and me through so much and God how I love her I'm on Facebook if anyone wants to add me and I added Fort Jackson to my face book page Marcia_11. I love face book. Just if you friend me message MFP and I'll know! Love to you all !!!!
  • Tupelo64
    Tupelo64 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Start writing what you feel in letters mom.. she will appreciate that more than anything. I went thru basic training (a very long time ago).. and what kept me going was mail call. The letters will help you express your love and proud feelings and they will help get her thru some very long hard days.

Snip local articles to send her.. she will feel like she is in another world altogether so anything from home is comforting. Hang in there mom! My mom said when I came home she was happy because I was so proud of myself!

Sending your new soldier baby my veteran thoughts :)