help?

Options
Anyone have an advice on which exercises burn the most calories and can give me a good workout routine that would help me burn the most calories possible.

Replies

• amateur_smiley
    Options
    60 mins Zumba it comes under dancing/ aerobics. Burns 475 calories.
  • rylest04
    rylest04 Posts: 7
    Options
    stationary bicycle
  • bode1all
    bode1all Posts: 28
    Options
    do some research on high intensity interval training. I have heard that burns the most calories.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    Interval training is definitely the way to go for higher burns, but you need to do some research on it or get a personal trainer or class to do it right. Cross country skiing burns pretty good. Any activity can have a good burn if you do it with all your energy, not just skating through as easily as you can. Watch an aerobics class sometime, and compare the folks who are doing the moves but not putting a lot of effort in. They aren't sweating much, or breathing heavily. They are in the same class for the same length of time that others are, but those others are pushing themselves to go harder, go faster, step higher. They are sweating profusely and concentrating to breathe deep in through their noses, out through their mouths. The first group will often log the same burn as the second group, but there really is no comparison. Pick an exercise you enjoy and will stick to, then do it till you sweat. A lot. And get an HRM to better calculate burn.
  • lmburi
    lmburi Posts: 22
    Options
    I agree with the interval training. I'd been running at just one pace for awhile when I started, and I do a cycle of either 4 minutes at 6.5mph, 3 minutes at 7.5mph, 1 minute at 8.5mph, and 1 minute at 9mph and repeat, OR 2 minutes at 6.5mph, 1 minute at 7.5mph ,1 minute at 8.5mph, and 1 minute at 9mph and repeat. You can totally adjust the times and speeds as you see fit, and you could do it with pretty much any cardio routine that you wanted to. It burns crazy good calories, though. Good luck!
  • amateur_smiley
    Options
    Zumba is interval training. But it's fun.
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have no rhythm! I tried Zumba and was like, wow, how'd you move like that. LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!