Broke down and tried PB in my Oatmeal...

Options
tanniew78
tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
Ive been reading it all over the boards... OH MY! I cannot wait until tomorrow to have some more! That was indescribably good. Tasted like a peanut butter oatmeal cookie to me... It was amazing. Im not sure who originally came up with this, but wow. THANK YOU! lmbo.

Replies

• annekspath
    Options
    How much PB do you put in the oatmeal. I really don't oatmeal.. but it is a food that I should start to like. Please let me know so I can try it and see if I like it. Thank you.
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I usually use 1/2 - 1 Tablespoon. It makes it really creamy and awesome!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sounds sooooo good. Could somebody please explain how to mix it in so it doesnt just lay in a large clump at the bottom of the bowl of oatmeal? lol. I would love to try this...
  • peacemom
    peacemom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm trying that tomorrow!:happy:
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, going to try it when I'm craving a desert!
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I'm gonna have to try it! Thanks! :)
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump- I want to know more!
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Another oatmeal tip that I got off the Hungry Girl website....instead of water or skim mix in Almond Breeze Vanilla almond milk and cook it on half power for twice as long and let it sit for ten minutes.....it makes it sweet and thick! I may try a little PB too....I think it gets a bad rap, it is high in fat, but high in the good fats, and is also loaded with protein.....
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I was going to do that just this morning! But, I wasn't in the mood for oatmeal... So, I had a tablespoon of PB on two pieces of toast instead. :) Will do very soon!
  • tanniew78
    Options
    I used 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of oatmeal prepared on the stove (1 minute Quaker Oats is all I have) I plopped it in there while it was still hot and just stirred it in there. It got all melty and creamy. SO good!
  • HurricaneShaunna
    HurricaneShaunna Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    it's great with a half scoop of chocolate protein powder too!

I make the oatmeal, mix in the powder, then dip my teaspoon into the pb, and stir it straight into the oatmeal while it is hot. It kind of just "melts" into the mix.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Another oatmeal tip that I got off the Hungry Girl website....instead of water or skim mix in Almond Breeze Vanilla almond milk and cook it on half power for twice as long and let it sit for ten minutes.....it makes it sweet and thick! I may try a little PB too....I think it gets a bad rap, it is high in fat, but high in the good fats, and is also loaded with protein.....

Did you use quick oats or steel cut oats?

I have been considering making this for a long time, and was wondering if the quick oats would work?
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I make the oatmeal first then add in 1/2 Tbs of creamy peanut butter. The hot oatmeal melts the peanut butter. Sometimes I add in a 1/2 package of sugar free hot chocolate. YUMMY, chocolate and peanut butter.
    I use 1 package of instant plain oatmeal, add water, add the sf hot chocolate and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then I add the Peanut Butter.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Yay! I've been doing this forever...it's sooo good! I use 1 Tablespoon and it's just enough
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds crazy, but try making your oatmeal with 2tbsp less water, and micro with a bit of cinnamon. Mix in your peanut butter, let sit for a minute. Then, mix in 1/2 or 2/3 cups of low fat cottage cheese, and then let sit for a minute.

I know it sounds gross but TRUST ME! It's super high protein, creamy, and soooo filling.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    hmm that actually sounds really good...i think ill give it a try!
  • fitnezrox
    fitnezrox Posts: 41
    Options
    Hmmmmm sounds interesting, I am always up for trying new things, I really hope I like this one. I usually just put fresh ground cinnamon on my oatmeal, so if it does taste like peanut butter oatmeal cookies that would be awesome, I think I will still put my fresh ground cinnamon as well. Wish me luck, lol.

I think I will try diluting the peanut butter in the hot water then add in the oatmeal, that way it thins it out to a creamy consistency (I only use natural peanut butter so it is pretty thick from the fridge and I usually drain off the excess oil off the top right when I open it.).

Also for those looking to add in more protein and flavor into their oatmeal, my boyfriend adds in a 1/2-1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate whey protein, add flavor and packs in extra satiety.
    Happy eating everyone!!!
  • FitBride080611
    FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i also like the pb idea! I've done that before and it was fantastic. the other day i was craving chocolate pb and I was experimenting with oatmeal....took 1/2c dry quick oats and made the oatmeal with water. Then I added 2-3T unsweeted cocoa powder (the kind for baking), 2 pkts splenda and a tsp or 2 of peanut butter OMG! SOOO good! The powder soaks up most the the moisture so the result product is more like cookie dough! I but the rest in the fridge so it got kinda hard and ate it later by the spoonful and it was sinful....like cho. pb cookie dough!!!
  • tanniew78
    Options
    I make the oatmeal first then add in 1/2 Tbs of creamy peanut butter. The hot oatmeal melts the peanut butter. Sometimes I add in a 1/2 package of sugar free hot chocolate. YUMMY, chocolate and peanut butter.
    I use 1 package of instant plain oatmeal, add water, add the sf hot chocolate and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then I add the Peanut Butter.

:tongue: REALLY?!?!?! I have sf hot chocolate..... :love:
  • tanniew78
    Options
    i also like the pb idea! I've done that before and it was fantastic. the other day i was craving chocolate pb and I was experimenting with oatmeal....took 1/2c dry quick oats and made the oatmeal with water. Then I added 2-3T unsweeted cocoa powder (the kind for baking), 2 pkts splenda and a tsp or 2 of peanut butter OMG! SOOO good! The powder soaks up most the the moisture so the result product is more like cookie dough! I but the rest in the fridge so it got kinda hard and ate it later by the spoonful and it was sinful....like cho. pb cookie dough!!!

Oh, I should not have read THIS! :wink: