How long does it take...?

Options
How long does it take for the body to stop wanting to feel completely full? It's been 3 weeks now that I've been eating perfect and I still have this want to eat so much that I feel full instead of just satisfied.

I would have thought it would have gone away by now.

Replies

• ShayLee73
    Options
    I find that eating a ton of things like broccoli helps to make me feel full.
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    I've been eating right and exercising for 6 weeks now and I still get the "I want to eat more" feeling sometimes. I have found that it's usually more of an emotional thing for me though...if I'm having a bad day, I want to eat...if I'm sad, I want to eat...not eat to feel satisfied but to make me feel "better."

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water and try a few healthy snacks throughout the day. If I'm hungry in the afternoon a serving of almonds usually will get me through until dinner time.

Hang in there and good luck!!
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Are you eating whole grains, lean meats, fruits & veggies? I know that if I eat things that are high in sugar I am starving! My boss brought donuts in a couple weeks ago...and I ended up having one. I was ravenous!
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Are you eating whole grains, lean meats, fruits & veggies? I know that if I eat things that are high in sugar I am starving! My boss brought donuts in a couple weeks ago...and I ended up having one. I was ravenous!

I haven't included any grains except for bread a couple times due to the calorie content. Otherwise, it's been all lean meats, eggs, string cheese, fruits and veggies but the last couple days I've been craving chocolate so I fit that into my calorie allowance.

I think my body is probably just still adjusting from such a large calorie drop. Which is probably why I stopped losing as well. I'm eating 1200-1400 calories a day.
  • Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You might not feel full because you aren't getting enough water. The thirst response is really weak and is often mistaken for hunger. I know that used to be my case, but I started drinking a lot more water and now I don't get really hungry that I feel I have to eat anymore.