how to use my HRM?

Options
Other than the first day since I got my HRM last Friday, I have gained weight. so I'm wondering if I am using it right. ..

I went on a walk tonite with the dogs, it said I burned 198 calories in 18 mins. . .do I put all that into the diary?

So confused, and here I was thinking it would make life easier!

Replies

• fitnezrox
    fitnezrox Posts: 41
    Options
    Just make sure that you put in your correct information to the monitor (watch) your sex, age, height, weight, etc. If you have the one that includes the chest strap it should be pretty accurate. You log in your calories burned for your activity, it should tell you right on the watch. I wouldn't necesarilly add in calories burned throughout the day for ordinary activities though.

It takes a 3500 calorie deficit (either burned through exercise or a combination of exercise and few calories consumed) to burn off 1 pound of fat. Here on MFP they typically tell you to eat all your calories burned back, I (former fitness and lifestyle weight management trainer) do not agree with that. Your body will burn calories just existing and doing normal daily activities, the real fat burn occurs when you are getting your heart rate elevated and actually working up a sweat. Also very important to eat small meals throughout the day so your metabolism stays running steady instead of peaking and plummeting.

I hope this helped a bit, good luck with your healthy life journey....remember it is a marathon not a race!!!

Have a healthy and happy night
    Kim