Sugar Intake

Options
Ok, how can I find out how much sugar I should consume a day? Or can I?

Replies

• ggoree
    ggoree Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello my name is Gloria, to answer your sugar intake question; go to reports click on the nutrition box add sugar and from there it will calculate sugar input with carb, fat etc... Hope this helps:flowerforyou:
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    what i want to know is......i eat a lot of fruit and everyday i am OVER my sugar intake....however the sugar im eating is NATURAL not granulated and I KNOW this is a helluva lot better than the crappy white stuff and processed stuff. so why the heck cant i just be over....im sick of the red numbers!
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    what i want to know is......i eat a lot of fruit and everyday i am OVER my sugar intake....however the sugar im eating is NATURAL not granulated and I KNOW this is a helluva lot better than the crappy white stuff and processed stuff. so why the heck cant i just be over....im sick of the red numbers!

I am so frustrated by the same thing, If I eat two pieces of fruit a day I am in the red!
  • fitnezrox
    fitnezrox Posts: 41
    Options
    Yes, you can choose which nutrients you would like to track. I personally track, calories, proteins, fats, carbs, sugars and sodium. Just go into your settings in your food diary and customize. It is really simple, and makes it a wonderful tool to track exactly what your needs are.

Yes, natural sugars are better than processed sugars. That being said, sugar is sugar, it will still store as fat in the body if not utilized as energy, and if you have too much of it in your system (it is a toxin to the body) you are not then burning fat but burning the sugars that are in your system.

Try maybe choosing lower sugar fruits (like berries) and vegetables, and really look at the serving sizes and how many servings per day you are consuming. Most everything has some sugar in it, make sure you are reading all your food labels, unless everything you are eating is raw real food. I know it is difficult to track all this stuff (and seeing the red numbers), but eventually making good healthy choices will become second nature to you and automatic. The red numbers are a signal to you that you might just need to make a few changes in your eating habits, in order to drop the weight, maintain weight, or just get healthier.
    I hope this helps better understand the importance of low sugar nutrition.

Have a healthy and happy night
    Kim
  • mmlunsford
    Options
    Thank you all!! You have been very helpful!