So tired of people's comments.....

Options
Don't you just hate:explode::explode: when you see someone that you have not seen in a while and they never fail to mention that you have gotten chunky, put on some weight, gotten a lil plump, or just done got plain old fat???:mad: I swear i just want to go off on them like Damn i may have put on some weight but you are still at that dead end job. Or say do you still go out with that guy that cheated o you? Or say yea i can lose this weight but you can't lose ugly... People are so inconsiderate of others sometimes. Yeah i may have put on some weight, but i am still a strong positiveand loving individual. And yes I may have put on the pounds but do not get it twisted big mama is just cute in the face and a lil thick in the waist. Oh trust and believe i still got it, i just got a lil more cushion for the pushin right now.lol:tongue: Ok thanks for listening I just had to vent a lil bit...

Replies

• miznel80
    miznel80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    LOL! "you can't lose ugly!" I freakin love that! :D
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    I absolutely HATE this!! Its sooo rude, never in my life will I ever ask anyone if they are putting on weight or same something stupid like this, it makes me want to punch them!!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Sometimes you run into people and you know they're thinking you gained weight, and they know that you know they're thinking it, but they graciously don't say anything. Then there are the people who do say something, and it hurts even though you know they're right. Don't point out to me that I gained a little weight. I am PAINFULLY aware of it, daily.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I really loved being asked if I were pregnant. REALLY?!? Well, I guess it could have been.... but not very likely. I guess I could take it as a compliment that I look younger than I am. hah! Some people have no tact whatsoever.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That's just rude. What is wrong with people??
  • destoni85
    destoni85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lol, cute in the face and thick in the waist... Love it... And you are sooooo right! Keep venting! I hear ya!
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time when I got back to work after my mat leave and someone asked me when I was due? 12 months after I had the twins and I still looked pregnant.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    "Or say yea i can lose this weight but you can't lose ugly"

HAHAHAHAHAH!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you see them next time after you lost weight and go. Oh what do you have to say now. I am loving life and you are well you.
  • shan2bthin
    shan2bthin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Agree with you completely! I feel people are quicker to point out my flaws then compliment me on a job well done. Keep up your good work!
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I agree that is so annoying...it's like I know what I look like thank you...hahaha!
  • Barnacules
    Barnacules Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't care :) I often make fun of my own weight on purpose to defuse it and make it less appealing to other people to go after. Besides I'm done being fat so I'm just gonna loose the weight then people will have to find something else to pick on :D Not hard for the group of people I hang out with hehe.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Know exactly what you mean. The thing is, when folks blurt out something like that I immediately come back with something that usually shuts them up.(guess that's why all my friends are on MFP)lol. When people do that, I believe they're doing it on purpose because they know they wouldn't want someone to step to them that way....which is why what I'm thinking at the time usually just flies out of my mouth. You should search for the 'insults' topic. I made a list of rebuttals for the stuff that we and others hear all the time. I liked your comebacks to....we think alike. I hear so much about people and their big mouths, I think I'll blog my rebuttal list just in case you can't find it...it's a trip!:grumble: :laugh: :grumble:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Sometimes you run into people and you know they're thinking you gained weight, and they know that you know they're thinking it, but they graciously don't say anything. Then there are the people who do say something, and it hurts even though you know they're right. Don't point out to me that I gained a little weight. I am PAINFULLY aware of it, daily.

exactly!
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yah, like we need to be told when we put on weight! We are the first to notice it!
  • modifyinglife
    Options
    -high five- lmao i love it!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Are you KIDDING me?!? WHO the HELL says that to someone else??? Did they have parents? My mother would have knocked me so far into next week you guys would have NEVER caught up with me. Geez.....
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why people feel the need to comment on a person's weight, whether they have gained or lost. It's rude and not helpful.

I was always taught that you should only comment on things a person can fix immediately, like something stuck in their teeth or a bit of fluff on their clothing. Commenting on someone's weight is as helpful as telling them they have a pimple. They can't do anything about it, so shut your fat mouth.
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been getting comments like this from my dad every time I see him. Last he saw me (which was at Christmas), I was at my heaviest. Granted, I've never been big, but my family is all lean but naturally muscular, so me at 5'5" and 150 with no definition was "thick" in comparison. I can't wait 'til he sees me again, 12 lbs lighter! :wink:
  • LataviaD
    LataviaD Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with you because some people always have somthing to say about a little weight gain and g because ur right what if we sd "wow you gaot how many kids, humph you sure can lose a few" or maybe even "girl you look like a drag what a shame" some people should think 3x's before speaking becuase obviuosly thinking 2x's is not working these days.:indifferent: :noway: