30lbs down, 15 to go..and STUCK!

Options
Ok, so I'm happy to have lost 30 lbs since last Jan, I was happily moving along, anticipating that I would have reached goal for my anniversary this Jan...but no, I have been STUCK at the 29-30 mark...gggrrr...I do have Hashimoto's thyroid which can be challenging, and perimenopausal...I exercise on the elliptical 30 minutes every freakin day...even started doing extra with weights and some Wii Just Dance 2 recently...has the scale moved...? again....a big fat NO!..the weird thing is, my clothes are too big (even the new ones I bought now) and I've even had to go buy some new undies cause even they were falling off! I'm trying very hard not to give up. I still continue to plod along, telling myself if it's not for the numbers on that @^*!# scale, but for how wonderful I feel and the health benefits, like my back no longer hurting, and the waistband of my pants not digging in...I can actually wear a belt now! Haven't worn one of those things in 20 years! So alas, please forgive me, I'm posting some before and after pics to remind myself that things have changed for the better...and that I didn't imagine it..Is it possible to be getting smaller without the scale numbers moving? Oh and I apologize to anyone I may have hit when I threw the damn thing out the window this morning:) (hope these pics work)

progresscopy.jpg

416185.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    nope try changing the IMG to img on each side..
  • countrymom75
    countrymom75 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WITH TAKING ON SOME NEW EXERCISES YOU MAY HAVE TONED UP AND BUILT SOME MUSCLE! WHICH WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT. SO YOU COULD STILL HAVE LOST FAT WEIGHT BUT IN IT'S PLACE GAINED MUSCLE, THUS THE SCALE MAY NOT HAVE MOVED?
    HOPE THAT HELPS.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on 30 lbs... that's awesome! This has happened to me before, so I'm certainly no expert... but I've heard that if you "zig zag" your calories, you can "trick" your body out of a plateau. So basically, eat the same weekly total, but eat more one day and less another, etc. Something like that...

You can always "up" your exercise too. Good luck!
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    WITH TAKING ON SOME NEW EXERCISES YOU MAY HAVE TONED UP AND BUILT SOME MUSCLE! WHICH WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT. SO YOU COULD STILL HAVE LOST FAT WEIGHT BUT IN IT'S PLACE GAINED MUSCLE, THUS THE SCALE MAY NOT HAVE MOVED?
    HOPE THAT HELPS.

why the capslock?
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If your size has decreased despite your weight staying the same my guess would be that you are building muscle. However, I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. I know that's easier said than done because I'm completely obsessed with my scale (I weigh myself every day). But you look fabulous. Your before and after pictures are amazing! Just keep doing what you are doing (maybe switch up your exercise routine so your body doesn't get used to it) and the weight will eventually fall off. It will probably take longer, though, because you don't have as much weight to lose as you did when you first started.
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm with you! I've lost 17 pounds this year, but none in the last three weeks. I'm going to the gym, working out, losing inches and building muscle but the scale numbers won't go down! I know I'm in better shape than I was before but darn I would love those scale numbers to do down as well.
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    Your doing great and looking awesome. Well done! The last pounds are the hardest to lose, I read this a while back and it explains why. I hope this helps you to understand why, and keep doing what your doing, it's working great. Thanks for sharing the pictures, they are very motivational.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    Thanks all! And Obifatkanobi that article was great, made me feel so much better and a little more understanding of what may be going on. :happy:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!!!!
  • Rhonnie07
    Rhonnie07 Posts: 36
    Options
    WOW!! You look totally awesome. You don't even look like the same person. Your pics have given me hope in knowing that the fat does come off. Your doing a great Job. keep on doing what your doing. And, if that darn scale gives you grief pack it away for awhile. Your pics tell it all. Thanks for sharing.
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. It is a life style change so do not give up. You inspire me everytime I read your posts! Hang in there you look awsome and I bet your husband agrees with the new you also!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!