Went over in cal's yesterday...should i make up for it today

I went over about 500 calories yesterday...it was mindless eating at 3am in the morning! Im not sure what happened? I got up to fix my son something to drink and there I was eating a pk of strawberrry frosted poptarts:angry: then I had two Hershy minature's:angry:

Im not sure what happend,it was so fast? :noway:

But anyways,it was 500 cals so should I try and shave off some cals for the next few days or just put that day in my past and keep going as usual?

What would you do?

Replies

• I went over about 500 calories yesterday...it was mindless eating at 3am in the morning! Im not sure what happened? I got up to fix my son something to drink and there I was eating a pk of strawberrry frosted poptarts:angry: then I had two Hershy minature's:angry:

But anyways,it was 500 cals so should I try and shave off some cals for the next few days or just put that day in my past and keep going as usual?

What would you do?
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Just get past it.

Add a little extra time to exercise.

No biggie.

If it's something you notice happening often, examine it, and see if you can stop, or find an alternative to the POP TARTS AND HERSHEY MINIS.
  • oops! I just read another post that was similar to mine:ohwell: and found some answers! Sorry!
  • Just get past it.

Add a little extra time to exercise.

No biggie.

If it's something you notice happening often, examine it, and see if you can stop, or find an alternative to the POP TARTS AND HERSHEY MINIS.

Thanks...this is the first time in over a month that ive done something like this! Its just not worth the guilty feeling that im feeling right now! I will remember this feeling before attempting anything like this agian! I just HOPE it doesn't effect my weigh in on tuesday:ohwell:
  • Late night is really hard because you don't really know what's going on, just that you're hungry, so willpower is at a minimum. Poptarts are HORRID for you - I learned the hard way. They have a ton of calories and they don't last long at all. I ate two for breakfast while I was pregnant and ended up at the nurses office at the school where I worked having a quick drop in blood sugar because the Poptarts make you crash so fast - then you have to eat again.

Good luck! You can recover.
  • Late night is really hard because you don't really know what's going on, just that you're hungry, so willpower is at a minimum. Poptarts are HORRID for you - I learned the hard way. They have a ton of calories and they don't last long at all. I ate two for breakfast while I was pregnant and ended up at the nurses office at the school where I worked having a quick drop in blood sugar because the Poptarts make you crash so fast - then you have to eat again.

Good luck! You can recover.

OMG...I know,there so high in calories and so low in nutrients...WHAT WAS I THINKING? Well,then agian....i wasn't:ohwell: :sad: Thanks Im glad you were able to get to the nurses office fast....good luck to you too

LOL,the box says...a low in fat food! Well thats all they got going for them:angry:
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    "LOL,the box says...a low in fat food! Well thats all they got going for them"

That's yet another example of how the food industry plays tricks on us :angry: I'll spare everyone another one of my conspiracy theory soapboxes (amid sighs of relief, I raise my voice and exclaim........YEAH BUT JUST BECAUSE I'M PARANOID DOESN'T MEAN THERE ISN'T A CONSPIRACY GOING ON!! :wink: :laugh: ) 'Low in fat' doesn't automatically mean that it's NOT full of all sorts of chemicals and stuff designed to lull you into a false sense of well-being.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Here is what I did. I counted my 2 am as breakfast and then breakfast as snack and so on. I ate lighter for the day and exercised my butt off (pun intended!)

My feeling is 3 am IS the next day!

can you imagine I waited until midnight one time to eat peanut butter and toast! who was I kidding?

:laugh: :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Bleh, put the pop tarts into a bomb calorimeter and ignite them, that's all they're good for! :laugh: I admit that I do indeed love love love love chocolate fudge pop-tarts, and probably eat one pair a year. At camp one summer, a man pretty much lived off pop-tarts alllll day, and he ended up with diverticulitis and insulin resistance. :noway: I've done the same thing as arewethereyet in the past...just had to exercise a bit extra or live with a smaller deficit. I used to do the midnight thing too hehe! :laugh:
  • so add them into todays log...Will do! I put them on yesterdays log...duh! Just got through with my workout so i feel better!

thanks everybody :flowerforyou:
  • I call it my nocturnal eating disorder or sleep eating. I have done it since I was a kid. I wake up, but in a fog and before I am totally conscious of what I am doing, I have eaten 200-300 cals. I am working very hard on not doing this. I always log it in that next days cal and try to work it off.
    Good luck and remember it is not worth it.
    p.s. someone once told me to brush my teeth when I get this urge.
  • arewethereyet
    so add them into todays log...Will do! I put them on yesterdays log...duh! Just got through with my workout so i feel better!

thanks everybody :flowerforyou:

YEA!!!!

Nothing will make me exercise like some baaaaad food. (whispers..like the 3 buffalo chicken wings I just finished...shhhhhh):blushing:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I went over about 500 calories yesterday...it was mindless eating at 3am in the morning! Im not sure what happened? I got up to fix my son something to drink and there I was eating a pk of strawberrry frosted poptarts:angry: then I had two Hershy minature's:angry:

What would you do?

Punka? I had like 8,330 calories left over after a super heavy workout day a couple days back...PeachFace asked to borrow 1,000 of them, that leaves you to borrow 500 easy!! lol NO WAY could I have eaten even a 1,000 more in healthy food that night after I figured in my days total. BUT 8,000 OMG...that's plain crazy. :noway: :laugh:

But I'm not sure borrowing day old calories really works in real life only perhaps in our minds!:wink::drinker: :drinker:
  • I went over about 500 calories yesterday...it was mindless eating at 3am in the morning! Im not sure what happened? I got up to fix my son something to drink and there I was eating a pk of strawberrry frosted poptarts:angry: then I had two Hershy minature's:angry:

What would you do?

Punka? I had like 8,330 calories left over after a super heavy workout day a couple days back...PeachFace asked to borrow 1,000 of them, that leaves you to borrow 500 easy!! lol NO WAY could I have eaten even a 1,000 more in healthy food that night after I figured in my days total. BUT 8,000 OMG...that's plain crazy. :noway: :laugh:

But I'm not sure borrowing day old calories really works in real life only perhaps in our minds!:wink::drinker: :drinker:

Wow AWESOME workout....Thanks I will take it!!!!

ok,its 6 pm and im STARVING! Ive still got about 300 calories left....no more pop tarts:happy:
  • arewethereyet
    :noway: :grumble: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

salad for you my lady!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

What would you do?

Wow AWESOME workout....Thanks I will take it!!!!

ok,its 6 pm and im STARVING! Ive still got about 300 calories left....no more pop tarts:happy:

how about some cheese and an apple, or 1 T. of cashew butter and an apple, or healthy PB if you prefer???

YeaSIReeBOB......when I used to buy poptarts I certainly never stopped at 2 even though I would get so full... they sound icky to me now... YAY!! Means progress:drinker:
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Today was my son's first birthday party - I went over plenty of cals...I just have to stay on top of it this week - work out, stay on track...one day won't break me.
  • and I thought I was the only one - eating in the middle of the night, while half asleep. makes me feel better there are many others doing it.

thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • :noway: :grumble: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

salad for you my lady!

How did you know:wink::laugh: And I found some tasty new dressing...paul newmans lighten up creamy Italian ...YUMMY! (well not new,new to me:happy: )

The good news is that the scale is down .4 this morning and tommorrow is my WI!!

Here's to poptarts:drinker:
  • That is when I do my best mindless eating. I love to eat after I wake up for some reason.
    The doctor Im seeing said just add about 20 mins on the next day of exercise.