Does anyone have an ElliptiGO?

Options
tinboy
tinboy Posts: 121 Member
Would love to hear how you like it! I saw it on TV and looked it up online...looks so cool! I want one, but they are soooo pricey! :sad:

Replies

• strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just looked them up...they look pretty cool! I feel like I'd fall over on one though haha
  • Shelty64
    Shelty64 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have a friend who lives in Santa Cruz and she has one. They are so cool! I want one too, but they're a bit pricey. I live in Sacramento and I haven't seen anyone around here who has one.
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    We have one! It's a total blast to ride, and easy to get the hang of. Definitely expensive, but I think it's so much more fun (and easier on the backside!) than a bike.
  • tinboy
    Options
    I'm just up the road from you Shelty64...I haven't seen one yet. There is a Fitness store over in the Roseville Galleria that has them...gonna have to go look...they are just sooo expensive! I can see them possibly being worth the investment though! Your friend who has one, how does she like it? anything she doesn't like about it? What color does she have...I'm likin' that green! Although the blue is really pretty too! The green has a bit more zing and zip to it!
  • tinboy
    Options
    Hey labgirl is it awesome exercise and easy to use? Do you think the price is worth it? Made well (it looks like it is, but I haven't laid eyes on one yet.). Do you get tired and wish you could sit for awhile?
  • myelliptigo
    Options
    Hello,

I just joined this site today.

I purchased my ElliptiGo in August 2010 and I absolutely love it! I know it is pricey but when you consider the quality, the benefits, the dual useage (both indoors w/a trainer & outdoors), and compare it to a high-end home elliptical machine then it seems more reasonable. I have used mine indoors all winter with a stationary bike trainer. To help soften the financial blow I sold my Spirit Elliptical machine, my bike, and a set of electronic drums I wasn't using. The result is a machine I use consistently (more so than my old elliptical), extra space in my house, and when the weather is nicer I can take it outdoors.

You can ride long distances on the ElliptiGo if you desire. I live in the Syracuse, NY area, so right now I do intervals on it indoors....it works great for intervals. I was never a runner. I used to ride my bike for my cardio exercise but I got sick of the back strain and the seat became uncomfortable after awhile. I can honestly say the ElliptiGo is the most comfortable "bike" I've ever ridden. I can get my HR up to where I want it almost instantly too. It is a high quality machine with top notch components.

Now here is my discalimer.....I own an ElliptiGo and I really do think it is the best equipment decision I have ever made. Having said that, I also became an affiliate. So for every sales referral I receive a small referral fee. So just in case you decide to go to the website and make a purchase I would greatly appreciate it if you used my referral ID: SBRA001.

You can check out my Twitter ID (MyElliptiGo). Check out what the over 3000 FaceBook fans have to say as well...I'm one of them as well. Feel free to ask me any questions. :)

-Shawn
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey labgirl is it awesome exercise and easy to use? Do you think the price is worth it? Made well (it looks like it is, but I haven't laid eyes on one yet.). Do you get tired and wish you could sit for awhile?

It is good exercise - not as hard as running of course. As for the price - well, it's my husbands toy, so I guess to him it's worth it! I don't think I would have spent that much, but I spend more doing crossfit, so I guess it all balances out! :tongue:

It's waaaay more comfy than a bike - mainly because there's no seat! I never wish I could sit down - just like you're not usually wishing you could plop down while you're on an elliptical I guess.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of one, so I looked it up. It looks like so much fun! I could definitely be dangerous on that, LOL!

Will keep my eye them in case the price ever goes down.......
  • Sammoody
    Options
    Go to their website (elliptigo.com) and find a store near you that sells them. You can go there and test ride one, but I warn you - you may be hooked! I test rode one two weeks ago and am awaiting delivery of mine! I almost bought the more expensive one just so I could take it home that day, but my voice of reason (my best friend) stopped me. I am hoping to get mine this weekend and can't wait to head out on the road with it! :happy:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I think they look like so much fun! I can't ride a bike due to a problem with my pelvis. I've just started to try to ride a recumbent bike, but i really don't like it. this may be the answer to outdoor fun with the kids and the hubs!!!
  • GomarOzDunbar
    Options
    Yes I have one I must sell I'm moving
  • krijnen
    krijnen Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm interested, how much are you asking, which model do you have, and where are you located (& are you willing to ship)?
  • Runnerjsb
    Options
    I am looking for an 8 gear elliptigo anyone have one for sale
  • andersonhvac
    Options
    Hello, I saw a couple on two of the Elliptigo bikes when I was down in Arizona going for a bike ride. They looked very shiny and new so I think they just got them. The couple were older (in their 50s or so, and they were moving fairly quick for their age.
    I also have looked into getting a bike but the price seems a little steep so I thought I would wait until people start selling them used or the price comes down. The price for the 8s in arizona was $2300.00 compared to $2700.00 in Toronto.

If you come across one used, let me know.

Dean