<insert clever subject line here>

Options
Hi. I'm Katie. I joined this site ages ago, and then my motivation sort of keeled over and died.

I'm 23, from Connecticut, and have been obese since I was a kid. Now I've reached a new high. I'm about 330 lbs. I want to lose about 130, although my supposed ideal weight would have me lose at least 170.

These numbers scare me. I'm not proud of this, but I'll be honest: the only time I lost a significant amount of weight was when I had an eating disorder. I have no idea how to do this the right way. It sounds silly, but I'm afraid.

Losing 130lbs is pretty much the equivalent of losing a whole other person! I don't mean to be cynical, but I'm so frustrated with myself.

On a more positive note, I have the most amazing girlfriend in the world. I like reading, sewing, knitting, photography, psychology, and cats.

Be my friend? :)

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your weight loss journey! Just break those pounds up in to 20 lb goals and take it slow...it took a while to put it on and its gonna take a while to take it off again too! Be strong, I know you can do it!
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I will!
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sure...we can use all the support we can get!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Oh Katie! This almost made me cry, and as scared as you are to deal with the numbers, I think you are very brave for putting it all out there for us. I understand that it must be very overwhelming to need to lose that number, but you can do it! One meal at a time, one day at a time!

The ONLY thing I will say is that you MUST have a plan! Not a difficult plan, just a simple of plan of "what's next". Plan your meals for the next week, when you're going to eat them and log the nutritional info. Plan your exercise too, when and what you are going to do to burn some calories and log that too.

Good luck to you! Friend me if you'd like and welcome to MFP. This is a great place to be!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    <insert whitty response here>
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know exactly what you mean! Its best for me if I stay close to the site, if I bite it, I write it, and make sure to get that water in. The water is my biggest challenge. Best of luck! Here for ya!
  • northernpie
    Options
    G'day

Great story, I know exactly how you feel...I am up around the 324 mark and have a long way to go....I have only been here a couple of days but so far it has been great.

Cheers
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Me too, Me too!
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I need support too!! Feel free to add me as a friend. We can do this, like shanolap said "One meal at a time, one day at a time".
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I would say start small...aim to lose 2 lbs a week. That's what I do. If I try to go above that and don't make it, I get frustrated. 2 lbs a week is the healthy way to do it. You deciding to come back to this is the first great step! You and your girlfriend could find an outdoor activity you both enjoy doing and make it a priority to do that at least 3 times a week...such as walking in the park, or a workout dvd, or whatever. Don't be scared. Be excited. You are making this decision for YOUR HEALTH. You can do this!!!
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    Wow. Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! :D

Maybe I can do this... Either way, I'm going to try my best! It makes me feel a million times better that we're all in the same boat, more or less.
  • Phantasee
    Phantasee Posts: 23
    Options
    I will, best of luck to you!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! Welcome back!!!
  • northernpie
    Options
    Wow. Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! :D

Maybe I can do this... Either way, I'm going to try my best! It makes me feel a million times better that we're all in the same boat, more or less.

No Maybe's....You will because your best is always good enough! :)

Cheers