late night eating

Options
Or eating after 6pm ... How do you stop? This is one of my big problems I need to fix.

Replies

• FWBP
    FWBP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with this too as I stay up late. I usually try not to eat past 7. But if I must have something, I try drinking a big glass of water or fat free milk and see if that does the trick.

To stop yourself though try doing a bunch of sit ups.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I always find that I get hungry after dinner if I eat a lot of carbs....try eating a yogurt or an orange if you get really hungry.:smile:
  • Vegas47
    Vegas47 Posts: 31
    Options
    I had a big problem with this, I started working on at least eating things that were healthy in small amounts and drinking a ton of water. After the 1st week I noticed the urge to eat at night wasn't as strong and now I don't have a problem with it at all. Take your time and work on re-programing your body, you'll get there :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who will never understand the fear that people have about eating after a certain time of day, so I'm not convinced that there is a problem here.

If you're finding yourself hungry in the evenings, then maybe you should rearrange your eating plan to allow something to eat in that time. Or, make the last meal or snack you have before 6PM more robust--more fiber or protein.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have never really found that to be a problem. In fact I almost always have a snack right before bed. Even now when I'm in the process of losing weight, it hasn't seemed to hamper my progress at all. I wonder how much of that whole concept is overrated.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I find the 'no eating after 6 pm' concept ridiculous. I'm supposed to leave work early, rush home and skip the gym, so that I can have dinner on the table by 6 pm? When do i get to sit down with my hubby? He doesn't get home from work til 6:30-7:00. When am I supposed to work out -- After dinner? It won't be pretty. This may be a conceivable concept if you're home from work by 3 pm and in bed by 9 pm.... otherwise, what a farce!

P.S. We don't sit down to dinner til 8 pm'ish. And if I want a snack, I EAT IT!
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    Calories are calories. Either you are gonna burn them or your not. I don't think what time you eat really matters as much as what and how much you are eating. :smile: