Woooo, 5k!

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
Today I had an awesome victory. I ran my first 5k in a race last November. I didn't train, in fact, I didn't even really work out for about a month prior and ran one time before the actual 5k and only for about 30 minutes. I'd never even run more than maybe a mile and a half before -- and not consecutively. I ended up finishing the race in 43:30. I combined walking, jogging, and running, and ran my hardest to the finish line.

My goal from the start of my lifestyle change has been to be able to run a full 5k in 30 minutes. My first 5k was just to see how well I would do and to be able to say I competed in a 5k.

Today... I ran a 5k on the treadmill in 39:20. I've officially shaved off 4 minutes & 10 seconds and have only ran a 5k a few times since my first race. YEEEEA! :bigsmile:

Replies

• mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    congrats, that is awesome. keep up the great work
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Good for you! I have my first 5k on Thursday and I'm nervous!! I really hope I can make it in 30-40 minutes, but closer to 30 ;) hehe. I've been running 10 minute miles, so I think I can do it, but I haven't run 3 consecutive miles yet. This will be my first!!
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great work. I think I am in the 43 minute range. I'd like to do much better too.
  • bordersvm
    bordersvm Posts: 70
    Options
    Sweet!!! Keep it going!!!
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I love that you're tracking your progress=) Way to keep yourself motivated! Congrats
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm also doing my first 5k soon. I was thinking a road race would be alright, but maybe a little dull, so I got a friend of mine and we signed up for the "Warrior Dash". Its a mud-run with obstacles and all types of crazy things!

Check it out at www.warriordash.com It looks like a blast to me!
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've heard of those!!! Sounds so fun! When I get a little better at running I'm gonna have to look that up. lol
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm also doing my first 5k soon. I was thinking a road race would be alright, but maybe a little dull, so I got a friend of mine and we signed up for the "Warrior Dash". Its a mud-run with obstacles and all types of crazy things!

Check it out at www.warriordash.com It looks like a blast to me!

I have signed up for a Warrior Dash also. It just sounds like a blast. I'm not going to argue about the crazy hat and the free beer either.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!