Heavy Sweater

Options
So i spend about a total of 2 hours a day in the gym. Alot of my workouts are high rep with a low rest period. Because of this, i tend to sweat alot. I mean alot. Today i came back from the gym and i sweat completely through a heavy sweat shirt. I used to not wear one but i dripped everywhere so badly that for the comfort of everyone around me, I needed to start wearing one. Now i am afraid there might be something wrong with me. I have had this problem for years but i usually workout outside so it doesnt bother me. Any ideas what could be wrong or if its just normal. I really hate to be that guy in the gym that looks like he was swimming in his clothes.

Replies

• onecrazyhorse
    onecrazyhorse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There is a medical condition called hyperhydrosis but if you only sweat excessively when you work out i'd say there's probably nothing wrong. I sweat alot so i carry extra strong deo and a big towel to the gym. I also carry a change of gym clothes just incase. I always wipe down any machine i use but as long as im not splashing around on anyone else i make no further concessions. If you cant be sweaty at the gym then where else CAN you be sweaty? :)
  • bwleung89
    bwleung89 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    yeah and i sweat only heavily when i do physical activity but i also get a little sweaty when i do any moving around activity (i.e. climbing stairs or walking to class). I do my best to clean up after myself but sometimes it just looks nasty. My roommate says i smell after workout but i figure its B.O. I am just worried because i drink more than 6 liters a day and still have a little dehydration and run out of water when i workout.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I have hyperhydrosis, and can sweat, summer and winter. It is worse during and after exercise. But I can just sweat for no good reason. It's a real pain and I've had it all my life. . Its probably why one of my favourite forms of exercise is water aerobics. I believe botox injections can help, but is not available on health scheme here in Australia.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    personally, i think you're probably well hydrated!!!
    are there no other ill effects from the sweat causing activities?

I sweat a fair bit also, and usually keep sweating for about 30 minutes after i've stopped working out completely (further evidence of higher body temp/higher caloric burn post execise...but lets go there, haha)