overweight and stressed

Options
So I have been told by my DR that I need to lose 50 lbs by year end. The combo of being over weight and high stress job is starting to pose an issue.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello and I will be around here and checking in from time to time.

Replies

• lockedonna
    Options
    My job is very stressful as well and seems to be getting worse everyday - more work, less people to actually do the work and so on. Every time I have a physical, I'm told that I'm overweight (obese is the medical term used actually). But even with all of this...I set a goal of losing 1 pound per week because I felt it was more realistic and I would be 52 pounds lighter by this time next year if I stick to it. I'm only 1 week in, but so far, so good. That might work for you as well.
  • Jfunn
    Jfunn Posts: 1
    Options
    Stress is in the air right now! I have been following my fitness pal, and am finding at least one area of my life is beginning to feel more in control.focus on the five week projected weight, it keeps me going!:smooched:
  • Recycledsinner
    Recycledsinner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My sister was told by her doctor two years ago that she wouldn't live more than another 5 years because of a fatty liver and her extreme weight issues. Today she has lost almost 190 lbs! You can and will lose this weight! I'm at the beginning of a long journey myself, but I am determined to finish this time, even if the road turns out to be longer than I had first hoped! Good luck!

Matt
  • tazmann910
    tazmann910 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, this is just the beginning for me. I am trying to create habits that I will carry forward for years to come. Thank you for the supportive words and best of luck to all of you in your journeys as well.

Obviously I am making some changes not only in diet, but also in work.

Hopefully after month #1 of the change, I will be 4-6 lbs lighter and in a new less stressful position at work.