HELP, not sure how many calories I really am burning.

Options
I don't have an HRM, and I am doing the the 30 day shred, mfp says i burned 275 calories for 20 minutes. I thought was to much, so I lowered it to 220, if you have an HRM and your doing the 30 day shred, how many calories do you usually burn. I know everyone won't be the same.

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I would say 275 sounds about right, although I don't know your intensity, weight, height, etc. MFP should be calculating that based on your personal information so I would go with what the system says. If you want to shave a little off to be safe, that shouldn't hurt.
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 158lbs and burn anywhere from 225-275 (according to my Polar FT7). I zig zag between levels to switch it up daily. Hope this helps some.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    I don't have an HRM, and I am doing the the 30 day shred, mfp says i burned 275 calories for 20 minutes. I thought was to much, so I lowered it to 220, if you have an HRM and your doing the 30 day shred, how many calories do you usually burn. I know everyone won't be the same.

i used to do the same thing until yesterday when i got my hrm..i was doing ea sports active 2, and it said i was burning 200-215 cals per 32-35 mins, but my hrm said it was about doubled..if i were you, i would leave it at what mfp says, but if it makes you feel better to shave a few cals off, there is no harm..best of luck :)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 of the 30 Day Shred yesterday and I burned 153 calories (24 minutes, didn't include the cool down for my calories burned).

I'm 5'5.5" and 131 lbs.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Today, 27 minutes of lvl 1 30 day shred burned 223 calories for me. I'm 5'3" and 153 lbs. My polar FT7 reads 256, then I subtract the amount I would burn just by sitting around for 27 minutes. That's why I enter 223 instead of 256 :smile: not a big difference but I like to record it that way.

Day 1: 240 calories
    Day 2: 227 calories
    Day 3: 223 calories

Day 1 was really tough for me! I think that is why I have a higher burn that day.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, well I am 5.3 225lbs, so is it the more you weigh, maybe you burn more calories. Well I am going to shave of a few calories from what mfp says.
  • kinectamama
    Options
    This is great timing because I think tomorrow is the last day it's on demand. I will test it out for you but look for an answer from someone around the same weight as you. I'm about 145 right now and I will let you know as soon as I can.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks, yeah that would be a little more accurate.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    MFP usually is around plus or mius 30 cals burned..if u don't hav a HRM..go with it...
  • kinectamama
    Options
    Sorry, yesterday I didn't get around to it, I am going to do it soon because they extended the on demand feature for 3 more weeks. I will let you know the results, just waiting on laundry to dry because I have no clean clothes.
  • kinectamama
    Options
    It was about 283, I kept having to stop and pause my hrm and the video because my daughter was awake so I didn't even track it, I think it probably would have been less if I did it through and through.