I have found a new place to go...............

Options
It is called Hummus Heaven!! :wink:

I bought a food proc. in Walmart for $25. I made salsa and hummus (uh, might need to pass some along as I think I over did it!) :ohwell:

Something about making your own food is so satisfying. :love:

Wow I am so happy with my new toy. :heart:

Anyone got some garbanzo beans!:bigsmile:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I bought a food proc. in Walmart for $25. I made salsa and hummus (uh, might need to pass some along as I think I over did it!) :ohwell:

• FitShark
    Options
    oooohhh, yummmmm... I love my hummus too!

you can make a white bean dip with pretty much same ingredients; minus the tahini paste if you use it in your hummus.......also yummilicious......
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ive had the white bean hummus. Just leave out the tahini, huh.

Ok to the store for white beans. No wait, i have some in the closet I can soak.

Thanks.....now I want more!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I want a food processor :grumble: Make me some Pesto! yummmmmmmy
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    OK, I saw womthing in the store the other day called Hummus or what ever, what is it? I have heard people talk about it before, but it sounds like something a cow would eat. Is it good?
    SM
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yummm especially on top of New York Flat Bread Mini Crackers...I like plain hummus with the
    "Everything" flat bread. They are low fat and delish with hummus!! When I make homemade hummus I add a few drops of toasted sesame oil in place of tahini. To me it has the same effect and I can buy it in my local store.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    OK, I saw womthing in the store the other day called Hummus or what ever, what is it? I have heard people talk about it before, but it sounds like something a cow would eat. Is it good?
    SM

it's a flavourful dip/spread made from chickpeas and garlic and spices. it is yummy and very good for you :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I want a food processor :grumble: Make me some Pesto! yummmmmmmy

oooooooooh pesto...guess what weez a havin tonight. Thanks for the suggestion!!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Now that you've got a processer you can make your own Pita bread! Make it any way you like...different types of flower, spices etc. is what I mean. Just found a recipe/video online but I only have a blender so I have to for now pass on the pita bread but heard I can make hummus with my blender. Black bean hummus, dried tomato hummus, red pepper hummus, yum, all sorts of recipes I found.. PM me if you're needing more ideas 'arewethereyet' :laugh:

Love that you found one so low cost...thanks for sharing your source...was it clearanced or like sale/reg. price? Hope it wasn't clearanced as now is not food processer buying time for me. NIce to know it would still be there at a later time. :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Now that you've got a processer you can make your own Pita bread! Make it any way you like...different types of flower, spices etc. is what I mean. Just found a recipe/video online but I only have a blender so I have to for now pass on the pita bread but heard I can make hummus with my blender. Black bean hummus, dried tomato hummus, red pepper hummus, yum, all sorts of recipes I found.. PM me if you're needing more ideas 'arewethereyet' :laugh:

Love that you found one so low cost...thanks for sharing your source...was it clearanced or like sale/reg. price? Hope it wasn't clearanced as now is not food processer buying time for me. NIce to know it would still be there at a later time. :happy:

:noway: flower=flour sheeeesh, and to think I can actually spell and TYPE off the message boards!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

it was just on sale, and it does everything the 90 dollar one I bought 10 yrs ag did (may she rest in peace)
  • arewethereyet
    Options

:noway: flower=flour sheeeesh, and to think I can actually spell and TYPE off the message boards!:laugh:

I was thinkg....hmmmm rose petals, hibiscus?? naw LOL
  • susan62
    Options
    Where can I get a recipe for hummus? Sounds interesting.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    that is a good question.

If you search the boards just typing in hummus recipe, some will come back

I made mine with

1 15 oz can drained garbanzo beans
    1/4 tahina (yes diff than tahini)
    3 green onions, with half the green part
    2 clove of garlic
    1 oz roasted red pepper
    2 tlbs OV olive oil
    3 tblspn Lemon juice
    1/4 tspn cumin ( i dont like it so didnt put it in, but recipe calls for it!)
    salt and pepper to taste
    dash of cayenne pepper, to taste
    dash paprika

with proc running, add onion, garlic mince well

add the garbanzo beans
    add the rest of ingredients
    pulse and scrape until it is smooth.

It was yummy!
    (can leave out the pepper if you dont like it)
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    that is a good question.

If you search the boards just typing in hummus recipe, some will come back

I made mine with

1 15 oz can drained garbanzo beans
    1/4 tahina (yes diff than tahini)
    3 green onions, with half the green part
    2 clove of garlic
    1 oz roasted red pepper
    2 tlbs OV olive oil
    3 tblspn Lemon juice
    1/4 tspn cumin ( i dont like it so didnt put it in, but recipe calls for it!)
    salt and pepper to taste
    dash of cayenne pepper, to taste
    dash paprika

with proc running, add onion, garlic mince well

add the garbanzo beans
    add the rest of ingredients
    pulse and scrape until it is smooth.

It was yummy!
    (can leave out the pepper if you dont like it)

Regarding the two....what is the difference? ...1/4 tahina (yes diff than tahini)
    Thanks to anyone in advance :)