Exercise cals

Options
I started doing it the 'proper' way recently, eating healthily, exercising and eating the exercise cals .. my question is this, I try and leave at least 200 cals to account for any overcalculation in what food is costing me - what this means is my net calories are still only adding up to around the 900 / 1000 mark .... can anyone advise, do you think I just need to up my calories and make sure that my net calorie gets up to the 1200 mark ????? I lost weight initially quite good weight, that has stalled a bit now

any advice greatly appreciated ..

thank yo u:bigsmile:

Replies

• Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hey great question

I think alot of people try to have the same way of thinking

but the key thing is drink plenty of water and keep hydrated - atleast that way your body cannot suffer and detriment in terms of losing the energy with your excercises and low calorie intake

interms of your calories try your best to consume approx 1100 -1200 calories but try to reduce the amount of carbs in your diet, that way what you burn is genuinely keeping off, otherwise if your diet is high in carbs your burning that what you consume - this will keep your body weight consistent but not reduce your weight

does that make sense?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. You need to shoot for no less than 1200 calories but I usually try to limit my carbs at dinner. Over the last few years, I've noticed that I can only lose if I don't eat many carbs after a certain time of day.
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    makes sense, Im drinking around 8-10 glasses of water a day ... but have increased carbs since I started eating my exercise cals because when I am more stricter with my calories I try and avoid them .. so I'll give it a try do you recommend an certain amount per day in gramms that I should stay within??

Carbs in my food diary today add up to 100 grams

thank you :bigsmile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you're going over on the carb limit. You might just try eating them earlier in the day.
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    No, am very aware of carbs as they are my weak point ... worried about using all my exercise cals because I like to keep some spare for overcalculations but am gonna take the risk and eat them all - even if I have to use unsweeteened fruit juices to gain some calories ...