Holiday's Approachin' Fast

Options
Well in US, the holidays are approachin' pretty darn fast.

Can you believe it?

Hubby and I sat down yesterday and wrote out a list of what we would like to give to people, started making home made Christmas cards and organized the stuff we already bought.

Geez, it took a few hours. But I really enjoy it.

We are kind of up on the family visitation too.

That's odd to already be that organized, but I cannot stand strife for the holidays.

No stress, no arguments, no sadness.....

can you believe it 39 days 'till Halloween, really nothing special there, just don't get into this holiday. Maybe we will have a cook out after vacation.

Thanksgiving? about 54?
Christmas? 94 days

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Well in US, the holidays are approachin' pretty darn fast.

Can you believe it?

Hubby and I sat down yesterday and wrote out a list of what we would like to give to people, started making home made Christmas cards and organized the stuff we already bought.

Geez, it took a few hours. But I really enjoy it.

We are kind of up on the family visitation too.

That's odd to already be that organized, but I cannot stand strife for the holidays.

No stress, no arguments, no sadness.....

can you believe it 39 days 'till Halloween, really nothing special there, just don't get into this holiday. Maybe we will have a cook out after vacation.

Thanksgiving? about 54?
    Christmas? 94 days
  • BNevins1
    Options
    I was just thinking about this too. I love the holidays and actually enjoy Halloween a lot. We have an annual Halloween costume party every year!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I know, I am so excited, I love the holidays. Even Halloween. Our Thanksgiving is a bit earlier than yours, It's just knowing that winter, snow, and ice is right around the corner that I'm not looking forward to!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    It seems like once the leaves start to change (here in Michigan anyway) the holidays are upon us before we know it. I bought my halloween costume yesterday....a kitty outfit which is ears, a collar with a bell, and a tail. We're probably just going to dress up and hand out candy at my boyfriends parents house since I doubt kids trick or treat in an apartment building and maybe go to the bar after.

I've already gotten a start on Christmas that I am a little embarrased to admit, but I just love Christmas. I've ordered snowman return address labels and I've gotten ideas for presents and I'm even pondering how to rearrange the living room furniture to allow more room for the tree!

The only thing I am dreading about the holidays is that, if I stay on track until then I will be just 3 pounds away from my (first) goal and I am worried all the yummy treats and goodies around the holidays will keep me from that.
  • Nana27
    Options
    ditto

What can we give to the kids (that they will like) that won't be candy?? Cause :noway: am I having a big bowl of candy sitting around!! lol
  • elliott062907
    Options
    ditto

What can we give to the kids (that they will like) that won't be candy?? Cause :noway: am I having a big bowl of candy sitting around!! lol

I am giving pop corn balls and the small cheerios boxes.....
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I know, I am so excited, I love the holidays. Even Halloween. Our Thanksgiving is a bit earlier than yours, It's just knowing that winter, snow, and ice is right around the corner that I'm not looking forward to!!

I wish we would actually get a good snow, not a freeze that shuts down the whole city, just a blanket of white.....
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I was just thinking about this too. I love the holidays and actually enjoy Halloween a lot. We have an annual Halloween costume party every year!

It's not that I don't enjoy Halloween, I just don't go overboard with it. Too much candy, which I never eat, parents, not all, but some, just drop their kids off and let them run wild.

We only have about 12 kids come by anyway. So usually we turn off the lights, and watch movies.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I am not a snow person at all. I love the first snowfall, and love waking up on Christmas morning to a new snowfall, but other than that, I hate it!!!
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    During the Labor Day Parade it was said - For Halloween: why can't parents sit along the sidelines (anyone who wants to pass out) and throw candy towards the kids walking a parade line through main street. That way everyone gets a chance to see all the kids, and it's all done at once without walking around all night in the cold. Kids could even walk up and trick or treat the older people who don't want to throw it out.