Office Chocolate and other cravings!

Options
GraemeSkinner
GraemeSkinner Posts: 19 Member
Argh!!! I work in an open plan office and have just sat and watched this guy, who sits behind me and is 20 years old, 5'8" tall and about 240lbs devour the following this morning:

1x Mars Bar at 9am
1x Steak and Onion Pastry Slice at 11am
1x Ham "salad" (a couple of leaves and lashings of salad cream) Sandwich at 11am
1x Peanut M&M's at 12pm
1x Bottle of full fat Cola 500ml at 12:30pm

He's off for lunch now........
I will post more as the day goes by, but gee whizz!!

:oO

Replies

• annaholden65
    Options
    haha Brilliant- there was a girl in my office like that- 500ml coke, mc donalds breakfast and a box of roses chocolates all before lunch time over the christmas period!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this post. Is it simply to mock someone in your office? :huh: Or do you want some of what he's eating?
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    my god thats mental!!! how can he eat that much, then go for lunch?!?!?!
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yep we got a guy like that here. Thankfully I don't share an office with him but, I do get updates from those that do lol
  • pahnke_p
    pahnke_p Posts: 11
    Options
    Unfortunately, some people don't want to think about what they eat. If that person was tracking his food, I am pretty sure his diet would change.

I think he was an example of the common person eating whatever, whenever. Then, that person wonders where the weight gain came from?!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    that's awful. Isn't it interesting that as we learn the right way to eat it's tough not to be judgmental when we see others making less-than-smart choices? I had that problem with my husband when I first started tracking calories, but I learned to hold my tongue when I'd see him eat 800 calories worth of pistachio's at 10 pm each night because it's not our place to make decisions for others.....

but.......thankfully he started MFP finally last month and is now seeing the light. Whew!
  • ShellLloyd
    ShellLloyd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm in an open plan office too, the smell and sight of other people's food drives me mad. lol Esp when I've just had to unsatisfactorily eat a box of rabbit food!!!

And when its an ocassion i.e. birthdays, retirement etc it is law that cakes are brought in by that person! Two retirements this week = two cream cakes! Nightmare!
  • pahnke_p
    pahnke_p Posts: 11
    Options
    Robin1117 - You are very right on what you said. I find myself commenting on my significant other's choices in food. He then gives me a look and I just shut my mouth. We cannot make others do what we do. We can only hope that they see our progress and follow suit.
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    that's awful. Isn't it interesting that as we learn the right way to eat it's tough not to be judgmental when we see others making less-than-smart choices? I had that problem with my husband when I first started tracking calories, but I learned to hold my tongue when I'd see him eat 800 calories worth of pistachio's at 10 pm each night because it's not our place to make decisions for others.....

but.......thankfully he started MFP finally last month and is now seeing the light. Whew!

I do the same thing to my husband! I try to keep my mouth shut, but sometimes I just can't help it. I'm trying to talk him into starting MFP with me! How did you talk your husband into it?
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    @llstrength---I tried to do the quote but I always mess it up.....

I had been trying for over a year to get my hubby to buy in to this (portion control, regular exercise, etc) and he scoffed at it. What finally did it was a recent article on obesity he read in Atlantic Monthly on a plane ride home from a business trip. He saw a chart that showed where people were considered "obese" based on height and weight and he was pretty shocked about where he was on the chart. He came home and said "tell me about that website you use????". He has the iphone app now and LOVES it.

Maybe leaving an article similar to this around the house for your husband would do the trick too??
  • GraemeSkinner
    Options
    It's very difficult not to be voacl in my thoughts and feelings towards what he's eating. Partly because I want a slice of what he's eating abut more importantly I know how many calories and work it will take to burn that off!

The interesting thing is, when I sit in the office lounge with my apple or 25g of almonds and handful of grapes for afternoon snack, he'll often feel that he has to justify what he's having for his!

Knowing him well enough to be honest with him, maybe I should challenge him to start a food diary purely for the fun of it - you never know, it might inspire him to change!

Open plan office and the smell of someone elses food drives me crazy!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Argh!!! I work in an open plan office and have just sat and watched this guy, who sits behind me and is 20 years old, 5'8" tall and about 240lbs devour the following this morning:

1x Mars Bar at 9am
    1x Steak and Onion Pastry Slice at 11am
    1x Ham "salad" (a couple of leaves and lashings of salad cream) Sandwich at 11am
    1x Peanut M&M's at 12pm
    1x Bottle of full fat Cola 500ml at 12:30pm

He's off for lunch now........
    I will post more as the day goes by, but gee whizz!!

:oO
    That was me a year ago, except it would have been 2-3 candy bars in the am and substitute the steak and onion for donuts and the full sugar (colas are fat free) Coke all day long ~ 2 liters at least!
    Your co-worker needs his own ah-ha moment...:wink: glad you found yours!:wink:
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    WOW that is a whole bunch of food b4 lunch!!

xxx
  • LucieBear
    LucieBear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I also have a co-worker she is about 5,7 and weighs maybe 135 or 140... and every morning it's MacDonald's and every day she eats out for lunch either. to McDonald, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Sub Shop (assorted with the works), or A&W. Her meals always include a regular cola, and potato chips.. once in a while a chocolate bar. And to top it off she never exercises...

The other day she wanted to share a finding with us girls in the office, she gave each of us ONE CREAM EGG CAKE, I managed to bring it home, cut just a small slice of it and threw the rest away.. phewwwww!

Life is just not fair sometimes. I always bring healthy food from home or if I go out I order healthy. Anyways that is my *****in for today... LOL

Have a great day everyone
  • GraemeSkinner
    Options
    He's just had another Mars bar........!

:noway:
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    I also have a co-worker she is about 5,7 and weighs maybe 135 or 140... and every morning it's MacDonald's and every day she eats out for lunch either. to McDonald, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Sub Shop (assorted with the works), or A&W. Her meals always include a regular cola, and potato chips.. once in a while a chocolate bar. And to top it off she never exercises...

The other day she wanted to share a finding with us girls in the office, she gave each of us ONE CREAM EGG CAKE, I managed to bring it home, cut just a small slice of it and threw the rest away.. phewwwww!

Life is just not fair sometimes. I always bring healthy food from home or if I go out I order healthy. Anyways that is my *****in for today... LOL

Have a great day everyone

This was me at 26. By 30, I got to 238 pounds. Now I'm here and working my way back towards a healthier lifestyle. I didn't do it on purpose, I guess I just thought all the exercise I did in high school and college would somehow magically keep me fit forever without having to lift a finger.

We all have to have our own wake up call...