Tortilla wraps are no go area!

Options
Just thought I'd share this with anyone who like me isn't aware that tortilla wraps contain nearly 200 calories each! Completely destroyed a good diet day yesterday - hope I help anyone else avoid the same pitfall. Pitta bread is the way forward with approx 75 cals in each one... Moral to this tale really is I have to keep reading the calories on everything before I put it in my mouth... GRR.

Replies

• lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    I have found some from Discovery (Plain Flour) which are only 118 cals! so if you can get these it will be something you dont have to think about giving up.
  • taliyai
    taliyai Posts: 38
    Options
    Try Buena Vida's low-carb tortilla wraps at wal-mart. Delicious, and only 70 calories each. Really!
  • amy29fan
    amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Use the flat-out bread. It only has 90 calories.
  • kianaik
    kianaik Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Try Buena Vida's low-carb tortilla wraps at wal-mart. Delicious, and only 70 calories each. Really!

These are what I use also. Much better option than the regular.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    I use low-carb tortillas with only 81 calories. I love them with scrambles eggs and salsa sauce.
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I buy Don Marcos Healthy Style Flour Tortillas. Only 60 cals per tortilla.
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    2 slices of bread is 200 cals, an average pitta bread is 125 cals (i'd looove to know what ones are 75 cals)

I dont think any of them are a waste of calories.

I feel satisfied having something like that for lunch and i dont consider anything to be out of bounds as it is everything in moderation.

But, yep, to be on the safe side, i check everything before eating it! :laugh: And the worst culprits are shop bought sarnies/wraps. :noway:
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Tortillas are great, you just got to find the right one's! I get low carb and they are only 90 calories a piece and they are whole wheat and big!!!
  • tonisteedley
    Options
    Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Wrap

These are huge wraps, thats why the seving is 1/2 wrap. Take a look at the website !!!
    Sometimes these are hard to find. I have found them mostly at Walmart." Not all the time " When I do I buy several packs and freeze them. They Freeze nicley and un-thaw, and taste just like you just bought them.

Website :http://www.josephsbakery.com/p-10222-Flax-Oat-Bran-and-Omega-3-Square-Lavash
    These are the ones I buy, But they have several different options. I have only tried these.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1/2 Wrap

Amount per Serving
    Calories 50 Calories from Fat 15
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 2g 3%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Sodium 250mg 10%
    Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 3g
    Protein 5g 10%
    Iron4%

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/josephs/flax-oat-bran-26-whole-wheat-flour-wrap/#ixzz1FRrN5tWA
  • mkeller234
    mkeller234 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

That is what I have been eating lately. They tasted great enough that I didn't feel like I compromised anything for the sake of dieting. I actually ate three yesterday.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I use La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Low Carb High Fiber tortillas. They have 80 calories each (for the large size), something like 12g of fiber, and are very low carb. I LOVE them. When I have them at breakfast, I fill them with scrambled egg whites, cheese, and salsa; at lunch I will do homemade tuna salad with tomatoes; and I use them if we are having burritos at dinner. Very versatile and quite yummy.

Serving size 1 tortilla
    Calories 80
    Fat 3 (1 poly and 1.5 mono unsaturated)
    Sodium 300
    Potassium 35
    Carbohydrates 18
    Fiber 12
    Sugar 1
    Protein 8
  • larboleda
    Options
    You know the La Tortilla Factory makes a whole wheat wrap which is found at your local grocery store. Its got I believe 100 calories, 2g of fat, 5g protein, 7g of dietary fiber, and 10g of carbs. Its the Smart and Delicious Low Carb High Fiber Whole Wheat tortilla 13 oz. They taste decent.....
  • craftywhitaker
    craftywhitaker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the Tam-x-ico's brand lo-carb tortilla wraps and they are only 90 calories and 9 carbs - I love them. I will wrap anything. lol
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    The large tortillas by La Tortilla factory are 80 calories, their small ones are 50.
    Just regular whole wheat, although I have seen they have some flavored options for higher calories.

They are low-carb and very high in fiber.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    2 slices of bread is 200 cals, an average pitta bread is 125 cals (i'd looove to know what ones are 75 cals)

Theres a brand called Kangaroo that are low cal. My Super target carries them, I've seen them here and there at other stores too.
    Its been awhile since I have bought them but I remember them being 80-100cals.
  • heleana
    heleana Posts: 9
    Options
    THanks for the responses guys :)

Anyone got any UK specific tips on where to get those low calorie wraps, I think Walmart is USA?
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    THanks for the responses guys :)

Anyone got any UK specific tips on where to get those low calorie wraps, I think Walmart is USA?

At tesco the healthy living wraps are 170 per wrap and the tesco value are 130 per wrap. The value ones though really vary in size You get some good size ones but int he same pack you get some that are half the size. Also the big ones are smaller than the tesco healthy living. I've not seen any less that that but then i don't have a lot of places to look.
  • sara_bear84
    sara_bear84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can get the Discovery tortilla wraps at most supermarkets in the UK these average between 100-120 calories each
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    I love La Tortilla Factory's High Fiber/Low Carb...... another poster already posted the nutritional info, but I had to say how great they are! With eggs for breakfast, romaine lettuce and grilled chicken strips for lunch and also for dinner, I often toast it on a comal (flat pan) and cut it up for chips to add to my chicken enchilada soup!

Yummmmmmyyyyy! And cheap at costco!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Yep..found this out the hard way myself. There are, however, low cal/low carb ones out there that aren't terrible.