Losing Lbs & gaining Life abundant in Washington State

Hey All! I'm a 34 yr old mother of three married to the most amazing supportive husband ever. My goal is to lose over 100lbs. I've spent the last 10 years caring for kids and neglecting myself and now I look at myself in the mirror and don't reconize the image looking back at me. I'm starting today. I will change my life and change my world. I will be an example to my young daughter. I will spend 90 minutes at the gym every morning. I will eat within my caloric needs. I will succeed! These are the mantras that will sustain me, through prayer and with the hand of my Heavenly Father. I'm looking for friends, warriors in the fight against fat, who will walk beside me. Someone I can pray for and be prayed for. If you're that person, I'd love to hear from you.
God Bless,
Suzanne
Phil 4:13 "I can do ALL things through Christ who strenghtens me!"

Replies

• Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    Hey All! I'm a 34 yr old mother of three married to the most amazing supportive husband ever. My goal is to lose over 100lbs. I've spent the last 10 years caring for kids and neglecting myself and now I look at myself in the mirror and don't reconize the image looking back at me. I'm starting today. I will change my life and change my world. I will be an example to my young daughter. I will spend 90 minutes at the gym every morning. I will eat within my caloric needs. I will succeed! These are the mantras that will sustain me, through prayer and with the hand of my Heavenly Father. I'm looking for friends, warriors in the fight against fat, who will walk beside me. Someone I can pray for and be prayed for. If you're that person, I'd love to hear from you.
    God Bless,
    Suzanne
    Phil 4:13 "I can do ALL things through Christ who strenghtens me!"
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I hear you and I am with you on the same journey. You sound so amazingly motivated. Good for you.

I am in Oregon myself so we are nearly neighbors. My life revolves around my kids at home and at school so I know very well what you mean. Any time you need some extra support or anything let us no or drop me an email sometime. :)

jltwedell@msn.com
  • apojones
    apojones Posts: 56 Member
    AMEN! You CAN do it through Christ! While I'm sure that God loves us no matter what our size--it is easier to do all the things He would have us do, if we have more energy and better health. I'm here for you too! TIP: Don't beat yourself up though if the kids are ill one day and you don't get to the gym. Just stick to your calorie plan in this journal and you'll be ok. It really does work. The exercise makes it easier though because you don't crave things as much and you can eat more good things and the weight comes off a little easier. Plus... those endorphines are soooooo addictive. You'll actually get to the point where you can't live without some exercise every day! AMAZING! God bless!
  • Hello!
    I am on the same walk of faith and discipline. I know God loves us no matter what weight we are, but He wants us to live happy, abundant lives. Weight loss may seem trivial to some, but it can strengthen personal relationships with Christ through our dependence on Him. I will remember you and pray for you. Please keep me posted on your progress, I'll do the same.

Your sister in Christ,
    Melissa
    im_forgiven@hotmail.com
  • I feel like God directed me to go to this web site. I prayed for something to help me want to lose weight. I do believe we can do anything with the help of God. I lean on him so much and I feel so blessed to have found other people who are going through the same thing I am. It helps to know that we are not alone. I have a wonderful husband who also supports me in anything I do. I have two great kids and they are one of my reasons to want to find myself again. I just joined a wonderful church and I am the children's choir director. I just want to enjoy all these blessings in my life and I will enjoy them better if I felt better and had more energy to do things. I will pray for you and good luck!! Please pray for me.

Molly
    Molrch@bellsouth.net
  • sflanny
    sflanny Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you! I started using this site just to have some way to measure what I actually eat in a day, but I didn't expect to find a community of believers to help me. For some reason, I have forgotten to ask for God's help with this. I can't do this alone . . . I will lift each of you up in prayer, and I welcome your prayers as well. I know how powerful prayer really is, and I am filled with hope for all of us!
  • Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    Working the plan for one week, have no idea how much I weigh but I've lost 1 inch around my waist and an inch from each thigh. I feel SO MUCH BETTER! My clothes are fitting so much different, baggy, oooh, an excuse for new clothes, very nice! Love my new diet, Thank the Lord for fresh garden vegis! Hope everyone is doing well! Keep up the good fight! Keep your eyes on the Prize and finish strong!
    ~S

Lord, I ask you would be with us on our journey to health. Curb our cravings, help us to make healthy choices, and excersice fun! We'll keep giving you the glory! ~ Amen
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    awesome