Advice please

Options
So I am a mother of five and yes for the past 7 years food and bad habits have taken control of me.I was off to a great start on Jan 11.I hired a trainer and started on MFP.I have lost 15 pounds.
My problem is for the past two weeks I have lost nothing at all.I know why I am letting bad habits take over.I am so disappointed in myself.I feel bored so I eat and I have less interest in the gym.
What helps people pull through this??
Do anyone else have these struggles??
Thanks for listening.
Meghan

Replies

• calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I go through times like this as well. When I feel that I am eating out of boredom I think about how far I've come and how I don't want to go back where I started. I also try to get outside and moving. I have a 2 year old, so she is always willing to go outside and play. Good luck!! I hope you get your motivation back!!
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I agree with the pp - let your children help. Go outside and play - take them to the zoo, or a park. Make it harder for you to get bored. With 5 children, I'm sure it won't be that hard!! Good luck, and stay strong!
  • brlarson
    brlarson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Get outside and get some fresh air. It will improve your mood, give you some Vit. D and reenergize you. It works for me, especially after being stuck inside due to the large amount of bad weather we've had lately.
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You have to make yourself a priority. Make appointments in your calendar and keep them. Also, what really motivates me is setting goals, specifically registering for races. So, register for a 5K race 8 weeks from now and train like hell for it. Keep doing that, do bike races, 5k running races, that kind of thing. You need something besides your weight to strive for, you need fitness goals. Hope this helps. Gael
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am also a mother of 5... my oldest being 7. I completely understand your frustrations, I get like that to. In the past I'd do good exercising and before a month was over I'd stop... and gain that weight back plus some. Now when I take a day off of exercise it's hard to go back, but I don't go over 2 days without exercise. Like all last week, we were soo busy, it was a lot of eating out :( hardly any exercise and this week trying to get back to eating better... I just feel hungry and want to eat everything, because that's what my body was used to the week before. I didn't even exercise yesterday, cuz I didn't want to... and that's not good. I just have to keep my goals in sight and in my mind. Usually I workout 2-3 times a day, so I don't get bored, and I don't stop and eat all day long... I don't have much advise for you :( wished I did... I'm struggling with all this at the same time! Just be positive, and keep moving toward your goal :) Should friend me, sounds like we've got a lot in common!
  • NancySDA
    NancySDA Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    when I find myself losing interest in exercising and starting down the path of bad habits I just look in the mirror and look at the progress I have made. I give myself a pep talk because I KNOW I NEED to keep working and not lose ground. I have a long way to go and I just do not want to give up and fail anymore. You have to just have to find your inner motivation, And, yes, think of a new 'project' for you and the kids to do together. New things, even little ones, can make a big difference in daily motivation.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    Set some short term, mid term, and long term goals. Write them on paper as this helps keep you more accountable. Switch up what you are doing. Meaning, change your work out routine. Find new recipes that keep you feeling full throughout the day. I eat 5 small meals a day with each meal consisting of complex carbs, protein, and fat.
    Try lifting weights if you don't already. Cardio alone won't burn fat, you need to lift weights. Lean muscle mass, burns fat.
    Write some positive verses/quotes/goals on sticky notes and leave them around the house.
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just bored of the entire "being healthy" kick? My ego keeps me on track LOL. I have times when I don't stick to anything healthy, but than I'll have a moment when I realize what I'm doing to myself. Not being to physically able do average activities is embarasing to me. I'm also a summer type of person and like to wear summer clothes. Seeing my white legs giggle as I walk is enough to make me want to stick with it. Or Winter clothes are cute too but having a muffin top...

Like you I also have kids. I need to lead by example. Even if they don't like everything that I eat now, I hope that they are at least learning.
  • shmarlyboo
    Options
    there comes a point during your workout routine where your body sort of plateaus and you find that you’re not losing anything, maybe even gaining! and you start to lose interest, resulting in going back to bad habits and inevitably gaining back the weight. When I get to this point I start finding new workouts online or trying new group classes at my local gym. You can also kick up your workouts by adding more reps to your weight training, or pushing harder on the treadmill. Sign up for a race this Spring and start training for it!

As far as eating, my advice would be to hit up your local grocery store and fill your basket with grapes, carrots, snow peas, apples, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, so on and so forth. when you’re hungry, eat them! it's okay to chow down all day long if you’re eating the right stuff!
  • countsplunkett
    Options
    Thanks everyone:)I work out 5 days a week and one of those days with a Trainer.Its the eating that gets me.I enjoy food and always have but now that I have five kids and my metabilism changed I cant eat anything I want.
    I am very thankful for all the advice.
    I am going to try and up my cardio and continue with my weight training.I need to find a way to like eating healthy. and get my motivation back.