1butters9-21-08.jpg

isn't he the cutest? :bigsmile:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    aww cute picture!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    He is cute! As a kid we raised dwarf rabbits as pets... I miss them!
  • girldeese
    Options
    I want a bunny!:wink:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    He is cute! As a kid we raised dwarf rabbits as pets... I miss them!
    I have two rabbits, a guinea pig and a rat right now. :smile: I love animals. hehe
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Heres my other animals. :smile:

Jellybean:
    1jellybean.jpg

Mr. Wiggles Worth:
    1wiggles7-9-08.jpg

Licorice:
    1licorice8-31-08.jpg
  • Laynee
    Options
    All your "babies" are adorable! How hard are bunnies to take care of? My 11 yr old daughter (who wants to be a vet) wants one. Her friend at school is giving some away. We already have a mutt, a beagle, a cat and a hamster. Would a bunny fit into this mix?
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Too cute pix! Thanks for sharing!
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have rats - 4 of them!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    bunnies scare me.....
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Adorable! I want bunnies...
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    All your "babies" are adorable! How hard are bunnies to take care of? My 11 yr old daughter (who wants to be a vet) wants one. Her friend at school is giving some away. We already have a mutt, a beagle, a cat and a hamster. Would a bunny fit into this mix?

They require about the same amount of care as a cat or dog. They can be litter trained and run around the house and all. Food is a bit expensive...they need at least a cup of fresh greens daily...plus pellets and unlimited hay. They need to be groomed daily when molting and given hairball medication to prevent constipation (which can kill them.) Plus annual vet visits and parasite screenings...and it's reccomended that you fix them, which is expensive. (between $150-200 depending on the vet.)
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    I have rats - 4 of them!

I love rats...but they don't live long enough. I've lost two recently...one of old age and one was unexpected and I believe a heart attack from stress...I don't plan on getting anymore b/c it's just too painful to keep losing them. At one point, I had 12.
  • Laynee
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to show this to my daughter. I don't think she realized all it would entail (neither did I)!
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to show this to my daughter. I don't think she realized all it would entail (neither did I)!

It's well worth it though, in my opinion. :smile: They're wonderful animals...my Jellybean is always licking me and grooming me like I'm another bunny...and when I stand up, he will run around in circles around me. He'll do it for a good 20 minutes if I let him. :laugh: only bad thing really is that they chew...a lot...anything and everything...cords...furniture...fabric...etc...you need to give them a lot of attention or they'll get bored and get into things. LOL
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bunnies scare me.....

I'm afraid of peaches...:noway:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Awwwwe whata cutie!!!!! :D

I'm sorry about your ratties..they really don't live long enough. :cry: But I had a gerbil live for 5 years, so I'm hoping I can maintain my record of animals that live a really long time. Will you get new rats?

I will get some picks of my boys up soon! They are getting so big now. I donno if they'll get as big as yours, but that would be awesome, cause then they'll be so squishy! :love:
  • pinkpixies
    Options

I'm sorry about your ratties..they really don't live long enough. :cry: But I had a gerbil live for 5 years, so I'm hoping I can maintain my record of animals that live a really long time. Will you get new rats?

I will get some picks of my boys up soon! They are getting so big now. I donno if they'll get as big as yours, but that would be awesome, cause then they'll be so squishy! :love:

my males always get large. :laugh: females tend to stay pretty small though.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Mine will probably get big because I give them a TON of treats....:blushing: I'm so bad hehe!
  • pinkpixies
    Options

Mine will probably get big because I give them a TON of treats....:blushing: I'm so bad hehe!

Licorice loves yogies. :blushing: He begs for them. :laugh: