Day 1 !!!!

iamabusymom
iamabusymom Posts: 17 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
I hate to 'start' a new diet and quit...again. I hope that by joining a community of people with the same goal I will be encouraged to stick with it. Off to the elliptical!

Replies

• newtonfif
    newtonfif Posts: 1 Member
    Hey,

I just want you to know that things don't have to be the way they have in the past. I am on day 45ish of my "diet" (I hate that word, because I won't go back to eating how I was before) and I've lost 28 pounds! It has taken steady determination on my part, but every day is new and I just "do my best and forget the rest". I also have the support of family and don't put myself in "social eating" situations. I have to use the alcoholism terminology because I know that I was addicted to greasy fast food and sugar.

God Bless You and your efforts,

I'll be praying for you and all the others here that need encouragement,

Nick
  • Welcome! Don't settle for a diet. All they do is set you up for failure. You need to make a lifestyle change. Find something that you can maintain for the rest of your life. It's much easier that way.
  • Im starting with you and feel the same way. I "signed up" back in August and I guess I just wasnt ready. Im ready now *I think*. It is a daunting adventure to say the least. But Im taking it one day or one hour at a time and Im not accepting any excuses from myself this time! We can do this!
  • Today is my first day, as well!! Hopefully we can all encourage each other and this will be the 1st day of the rest of our lives!!!! Good luck!!!
  • iamabusymom
    Hey Nick,
    Thanks so much for the encouragement! Instead of going to my elliptical when I said I was, I was reading blogs. :(

I saw your post and got out of my chair and exercising! Prayer is a powerful thing and knowing someone was asking God to help me got me moving! I don't want to disappoint Him! Maybe that will be how I have to view this journey...

Again, thanks so much. You and all the others here seeking encouragement will be in my prayers as well.
  • iamabusymom
    I'm so thankful to have others on this journey with me! Good luck to all my fellow DAY 1 and 2's. Stay in touch!

I'll check out the success tools mentioned!! Thanks!!
  • sudepip
    sudepip Posts: 20
    I have been on a rollercoasrter for year with my weight loss issues. I have lsot 42lbs thus far but now I need motivation. I have been on a plateau for some time now. Now, sine the weather is warming up a bit I can get back to exercising outside. I am excited about this journey. I wanted to be at my target weight before my birthday 3/10 doesn't look like I will make it this year. But there is always next year. iI am sure I can now with the support of MFP family.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Its not a diet, diets are a temporary fix. This is a new way of life, a new way of looking at food.
    Its about eat mostly healthy food with fitting a little fun in there too.

It may take a bit to get the hang of it but just keep at it, don't give up on yourself!
  • Don't think that you have "quit" in the past. I don't think any of us ever quit we just take a "vacation" from the job at hand. So now that we are back from vacation we need to jump right back in to our new normal way of life.
  • I know what you mean. I try not to think of it as a diet anymore but a way of life. And I eat what I want just in small portions and the low fat types. It does help to be able to vent.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Hey,

I just want you to know that things don't have to be the way they have in the past. I am on day 45ish of my "diet" (I hate that word, because I won't go back to eating how I was before) and I've lost 28 pounds! It has taken steady determination on my part, but every day is new and I just "do my best and forget the rest". I also have the support of family and don't put myself in "social eating" situations. I have to use the alcoholism terminology because I know that I was addicted to greasy fast food and sugar.

God Bless You and your efforts,

I'll be praying for you and all the others here that need encouragement,

Nick

I feel the same way about the word "diet". I say weight loss journey insted! And when someone asks me how I lost 26 pounds I tell them MFP, my Wii Fit, and LOTS of prayer!!
This discussion has been closed.