New 2nd Day

tx2va2005
tx2va2005 Posts: 6 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, this is only my 2nd day on MFP, but its been a lifetime battle and using anything that I've heard of. There seems to be a lot of supportive people here, which is really nice. I am really looking to get healthy and happy with myself for a lifetime. If anyone has any good tips i would love to hear! My biggest problem is staying motivated and not giving in to my excuses of why I can eat and do what I want, anyone else finding this problem?

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Well Good luck on a new healthier you, hope you love this site people are really motivating and supportive, you can add me as a friend if you like
  • tx2va2005
    Great thanks so much, it really seems to help when people who are going through the same things can support each other. :smile:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Good luck on your journey and remember it's a marathon not a sprint!
  • tx2va2005
    Thank you so much, that is a great saying.:flowerforyou:
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    When I want something that I know I shouldn't eat I imagine myself asking PLEASE in a whiney voice (kinda like from a 8yo) and when I hear myself asking like a kid I know I have to be an adult and tell myself no, just like I wouldn't let my 8yo eat chocolate cake at 10am, I am not allowed to either. Just because I want to stop by McDonalds and get a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, it doesn't mean that I am allowed to.
  • I am really excited to use this tool on yet another journey. With the birth of my son 4 months ago and a very long winter it has been difficult to get motivated. So hello to all and lets do it!
  • Welcome!! You've come to the right place if you want to stay focused and motivated. The people here are so encouraging.

For me, I had to figure out why I eat. I actually had to stop myself mid-pantry browsing and ask myself why I wanted to eat a whole package of Oreos. I was an emotional eater and it mostly came from one, very toxic person in my life. After some intense soul searching, I kicked that toxic person out of my life and decided to quit believing the crap they spewed at me. You know, the "your-not-good-enoughs" or "your-not-worth-its". I am worth saving. I am worth eating healthy. I am worth exercise....and so are you. After that life changing decision, it was a matter of breaking bad habits and forming good ones. I also gave myself forgiveness for the past mistakes and the future ones. Before when I dieted, I was never allowed to "cheat". If I did, I threw in the towel. It was over and I was done. Now if I eat wrong, I am forgiven and I make a plan to make better choices in the future.

Since finding this site I've lost 4 pounds. Before that I had lost 42 pounds so I've lost a grand total of 46 pounds!! It feels great.

You can do it. You can do anything you decided to do. Just do it.
  • tx2va2005
    Thank you for the advice, i am starting to learn it really does take a lot of "self talk".
This discussion has been closed.