Hello World Im ready to change!

Options
Im on day 2 on MFP. i actually joined in Aug and it seems looking back that I was just not ready to take this on. Well, here it is March and now im ready. (*i think*)
Im a stay at home mom to 4 kids, I have a part time job out of the house, husband, 2 volunteer posts in the community and Im (hopefully) about to get a full time job. Life chages all around. I want to be on stable ground when (if) I go back to work so that I can get control of that part of my life back. Everything in my life has been for them (hubby, kids, parents) and at 42 it is time for some "me". Being at home you would think that having time to exercise would be easy - but it isnt. It is easier to exercise when I am working (then it is scheduled into the day like anything else) but when Im home there is always something else to do.
Ive challenged myself to take it day by day, hour by hour and maybe even minute by minute. Ive challenged myself to exercise everyday for the month of March - Im doing the JM 30 day shred - do Im not going full force 5 hours of exercise. This shred is about 25 minutes and then m plan is to round off the workout with a bike ride (stationary now, outside when the weather breaks). 45 minutes everyday for 1 month (then I will reevaluate). I can do this!
Im only on day 2 so my journey is just beginning. But, hopefully, with the help of MFP community I can get this done.
Off to do a workout. Day 2 of 20 day shred and I dont know how Im going to get through it - it hurts to walk from yesterday I dont think I can lift a weight!
So - hello and thank you for letting me into your world!

Replies

• Keishia
    Keishia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome. I too have four kids and I have came back once again. I lost 15 lbs and then went off my diet and gained 5 lbs back. However, I am back on track and lost 2 lbs of that back off. I really think this is a lifestyle change in order to keep off the weight. If you need some encouragement just let me know. I currently use the Xbox kinect to help me get motivated and shed some calories. Zumba and dance central both have calorie counters built into the game. Not sure how accurate they are tho. Good luck :happy:
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Well first good for you although we give to them always, when we give to yoursevles what we have to offer them is better. way better.
    so great job by taking better care of you you will be taking better care of your loved ones Its a win win !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would like to ask you to take time to fill in the answers on your profile sheet and to open your diary. this show real commitment and allows other to help more if you have questions down the line. Good luck and you can add me if you like honest feed back.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Hi, dont forget to do proper stretching and cool downs...stretching will be your saviour, if you still hurt uv either not done it right or uv done too much. Good luck...
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I commend you for doing the 30 day shred! That's one helluva workout! I did it once and that was enough! Lol anyway whatever you do, there's great support here!!
  • theresalizotte
    Options
    Hello I want to welcome you to MFP I love it here everyone seems so supportive. I want to tell you that I actually found it easier to follow a meal plan when I was working full time. However it takes planning. Try making for instance a pot of chilli. I make turkey or vegitarian chilli so it is only a couple hundred calories a cup and package it up into one cup servings you can freeze it and have an instant lunch. The night before plan out your meals for the next day some people do it weekly the last thing you want to do is have a spur of the moment meal. In that case it might not be as healthy as you would like. Just some ways for you to plan ahead. I hope that this is helpful to you. Now it is just planning the right time of day to get your workout in. I find including my children is helpful. If you are looking for a friend I am here for you.
    Best of luck on your journey....
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome Back Theresa! Hope this time you stay and lose the pounds! Stay focused and DETERMINED!