Bad Hip/Loose Joints

Options
Does anybody else have this problem?: I've had loose joints my whole life, which was great when I was a competitive swimmer, but now that I'm trying to run I really have to be careful. I find that my Right hip get sore really easily-today the tendon in the front just kills whenever I move my leg foreward or backward. It's been hurting since about 1/2 way thru my run yesterday. 9 times out of 10 it's just my Right hip.

Anybody out there know anything about this??

Replies

• Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    my right hip has been poppin lately and its really annoying
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have lose ligaments in all my joints and destroyed the ligament in my knee. I can't jog because it's to much stress on my knee. :(
  • tweezer17
    tweezer17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was a swimmer for a bit but have had joint problems my whole life. I actually worked with a personal trainer who specializes in kinesiology about a year ago and he worked with me on developing a weight training program to build the muscles around all my joints (sholders, hips, knees & ankles) and stretches to keep them moving smooth. Since doing the program consistently for a year I have not had nearly as many joint issues. Actually when I take even 2 weeks off I can feel it and my knees start to get too loose again.

The other thing that helped me was seeing a chiropractor. Part of my joint probles is that I have poor arches in my feet which can then throw off my ankles, knees & hips. Every once and a while I see a chiropractor to make sure everything is in line so it can fll function smoothly.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I was a swimmer for a bit but have had joint problems my whole life. I actually worked with a personal trainer who specializes in kinesiology about a year ago and he worked with me on developing a weight training program to build the muscles around all my joints (sholders, hips, knees & ankles) and stretches to keep them moving smooth. Since doing the program consistently for a year I have not had nearly as many joint issues. Actually when I take even 2 weeks off I can feel it and my knees start to get too loose again.

The other thing that helped me was seeing a chiropractor. Part of my joint probles is that I have poor arches in my feet which can then throw off my ankles, knees & hips. Every once and a while I see a chiropractor to make sure everything is in line so it can fll function smoothly.

Maybe I'll go back to physio! I used to go to it all the time when I swam! That's soo $$$ tho :S Oh well, it'll be an investment in my health!