Mom VS Food Spinach Stuffed Chicken

Options
eleonoreOU
eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
Here is what I'm planning on making tomorrow night :)

Spinach Stuffed Chicken
4 chicken breast halves
1 TBSP olive oil
MDP's seasoning
4 c fresh spinach
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices ham
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 plum (roma) tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 c milk

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8 glass casserole dish with cooking spray.

Pound chicken to 1/4" thickness. Drizzle both sides with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with MDP's seasoning.

Layer 1 slice of ham, 1/2 c spinach, and 1/4 c cheese on each breast leaving the last 1" untopped. Roll tightly and secure the end with a toothpick.

Top chicken with tomato slices. Place chicken breast in baking dish and cook for 30 minutes, uncovered. Combine milk, soup, and last 2 cups of spinach, finely chopped. Pour over the chicken and bake another 30 minutes.

Serve over rice, pasta, or noodles.

Replies

• MemphisMarly
    Options
    Amazing! This sounds delicious.. and actually doable! (I'm not much of a chef)
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I also make plenty of dishes i call Mom vs. Food....most are so spicy i am the only one that can eat, or soo loaded with cals i wouldn't eat! haha! your dish sounds faboulous however!!
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Here is what I'm planning on making tomorrow night :)

Spinach Stuffed Chicken
    4 chicken breast halves
    1 TBSP olive oil
    MDP's seasoning
    4 c fresh spinach
    1 c shredded cheddar cheese
    4 slices ham
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    2 plum (roma) tomatoes, thinly sliced
    1/2 c milk

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8x8 glass casserole dish with cooking spray.

Pound chicken to 1/4" thickness. Drizzle both sides with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with MDP's seasoning.

Layer 1 slice of ham, 1/2 c spinach, and 1/4 c cheese on each breast leaving the last 1" untopped. Roll tightly and secure the end with a toothpick.

Top chicken with tomato slices. Place chicken breast in baking dish and cook for 30 minutes, uncovered. Combine milk, soup, and last 2 cups of spinach, finely chopped. Pour over the chicken and bake another 30 minutes.

Serve over rice, pasta, or noodles.

this sounds yummy
    I make a deconstructed Chicken Cordon Bleu similar to this . My hubby would like this.

~Chef Jenn~
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mom VS Food recipes are wonderful! She posts her recipes on the Mom VS Food FB page all the time!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Mom VS Food recipes are wonderful! She posts her recipes on the Mom VS Food FB page all the time!

Thank you <3

That totally made my day- thanks for the support! :bigsmile:
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    This is the recipe for "MDP's Seasoning"

Saturday, January 15, 2011MDP's seasoning mix
    No need to buy fancy spice rubs when you can make up your own. Just mix and store in a ziploc bag or airtight container. This one is great for any meat, but is a tad spicy so you will want to go easy unless you like your food spicy.

2 1/2 TBSP paprika
    2 TBSP salt
    2 TBSP garlic powder
    1 TBSP black pepper
    1 TBSP onion powder
    1 TBSP cayenne pepper
    1 TBSP dried oregano
    1 TBSP dried thyme
    1 TBSP chili powder
    1 TBSP cumin
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump THANKS :flowerforyou:
  • stillme
    stillme Posts: 2
    Options
    This sounds wonderful!!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • 4Matt
    4Matt Posts: 26
    Options
    bump-
    sounds yummy
  • KateHumphrey
    Options
    I can't have mushrooms. What kind could I use instead without messing it up? I'm not very good at cooking...lol
  • KateHumphrey
    Options
    I liked the sound of it so much that I made it tonight. It was fantastic!!! My son loved it, too! Thanks!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I liked the sound of it so much that I made it tonight. It was fantastic!!! My son loved it, too! Thanks!!

AWESOME! I loved it so much I actually thought about making it again tonight ahah!
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    bump
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    I can't have mushrooms. What kind could I use instead without messing it up? I'm not very good at cooking...lol

Any creamed soup! Chicken or celery would be just as yummy!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options

AWESOME! I loved it so much I actually thought about making it again tonight ahah!

You are too funny :laugh:
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    Guess what Mom's making tonight?? :bigsmile: THIS!