New and would love some support.

Options
Hi my name is Crystal and woke u and decided today is the day to start my diet. Well i drank a glass of water and ate a bannana and though i was doing good until i found this website set up and account and the first thing i see is dont eat bannana's . Wow this is going to be a long hard process, i have no clue when it comes to healthy foods. Maybe with meeting people like you through here we can help each other out. Thanks

Replies

• Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Good luck and feel free to msg any time you want to chat :)
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Also, be aware - that banana thing is a Google Ad, not part of the website! You can get lots of good info from the site, though!!
  • blittle40
    blittle40 Posts: 31
    Options
    where did u find that...I eat bananas everyday...and Im still having success...
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have a banana a day, and I have lost 30 lbs. Yes they have high sugar content, but they are natural sugars. I don't think I could ever not have a banana. Just don't over think this process.
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your journey. If you would like a friend you can send me a request.
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about that. Bananas are good.
  • outdoorsmom
    outdoorsmom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard !
  • chango69
    chango69 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hello, this sit is really good to help to lose weight we are all here for the same goal to lose what we put on, so good look and if you would like send a friend request, just remember one day at a time, and you can complete your goals.
  • crystalharrison
    crystalharrison Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    About the bananna, as soon as i added it in my food chart some box popped up on the side saying 5 foods not to eat, and there it was on the list a bananna.
  • ashreywallace
    Options
    Haha the banana thing is a weight-loss ad aka scam.
    You can eat bananas they just have a lot of carbs.
    Eat raw carrots and bananas. YUM!
  • marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    I am also new to MFP, just started my journey yesterday. I will send you a friend request and we can take the journey together. The more support we have, the better our progress will be. If anyone else would like to be friends, send the request - I am open to all of the support that I can get!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    First thing you want to do is go to General Diet and Weight Loss Help and read the sticky posts at the top.

One is for Newbies and another is called Links in MFP you will want to read again and again. (this one is in my signature). You will find a lot of good and truthful info in these posts.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I have been here six days and it's been great! Don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat bananas everyday, they help with the symptoms of restless leg that I get, and also they help with cramping.
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    call me bananaman

i have loads nice slow release carbs

welcome and good luck : )
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    welcome.
  • ellensheldon
    Options
    you can add me
  • Smoodysmom
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Good luck on achieving your goals, and remember to just put one foot in front of the other, and take it one step and day at a time :-)
  • TanyaLee122175
    TanyaLee122175 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to chat anytime, feel free to add as a friend
  • janamuma
    janamuma Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome Crystal! Feel free to add me as your friend and then you can view my food diary. I found that so helpful at the beginning when I signed up to just get new ideas for what people are eating. I also agree with everyone else, banans are good and healthy. Take care and best advice I can give you is LOG EVERYTHING. The good, the bad and the ugly. It really helps. Don't get discouraged, you will find great support here. On my "bad" days, I ask for support and the repsponses from friends in here really do help.
    Jana
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Wecome Crystal! I'm new today too. Time to get back on track! Feel free to add me as a friend. We CAN do this!