Any tuna salad recipes?

Options
I'm craving a tuna salad sandwich but I don't really want to mix it with mayo. Anyone have ideas of what other ingredients I could use? Thanks!
:wink:

26936.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• Mom2PAK
    Mom2PAK Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm craving a tuna salad sandwich but I don't really want to mix it with mayo. Anyone have ideas of what other ingredients I could use? Thanks!
    :wink:

26936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You could use mustard or how about miracle whip? It's a lot less calories and taste pretty good.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I use 1 small can tuna, 1 tbsp kraft light mayo, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp sweet relish, and 1 hard boiled egg white sliced up.

it's really not high in fat, cals, or anything else!
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, so I can't really vouch for it, but my dad mixes tuna with pico de gallo and raves about it. If you find any good recipes...do share!
  • susan62
    Options
    3/4 cup 2% Milkfat Low Fat Cottage Cheese
    1 can (6 oz.) white tuna in water, drained, flaked
    2 green onions, sliced (about 1/4 cup), divided
    1/4 tsp. dill weed
    1 medium tomato, cut into 4 slices

COMBINE cottage cheese, tuna, half of the onions and the dill weed.

PLACE 2 tomato slices on each of two salad plates; top with the tuna mixture.

SPRINKLE with the remaining onions.

Special Extra

Prepare as directed, adding 2 Tbsp. of your favorite KRAFT Dressing to the tuna mixture.
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    I don't like mayo or cool whip, so I use plain yogurt, a bit of mustard, relish, celery salt, pepper and a bit of onion powder. If you don't mind crunch, a bit of minced onion and celery is really good.
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    some chopped onion and celery with lime juice from one lime. Salt and pepper to taste...absoutely delicious.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    some chopped onion and celery with lime juice from one lime. Salt and pepper to taste...absoutely delicious.

ooohhh...that sounds good!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

ooohhh...that sounds good!

I used this and added sundried tomatoes...yummy.