Pork chops.

Options
sharonmac
sharonmac Posts: 119
Anyone know a good way to make pork chops? LOL.Every time I cook them they come out so dry!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you bake them put a slice of onion on top and bottom with a little water or broth.
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    LOL....I only know to fry them, or stuff them and bake them. That is why I dont eat them anymore. I used to love breaded and fried, or stuff with a bunch of good stuff and then oven fried.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I always bake mine and they come out great. I just season with Lawry's or Weber garlic and herb and then bake at about 375 until they are done. Tasty.
  • 21cw12
    21cw12 Posts: 1
    Options
    My boyfriend actually made really good pork chops one time. All he did was put some italian bread crumbs and a little bit of italian seasoning on them and pan fried them with some evoo for about two minutes and then baked them the rest of the way. they were still really juicy and very good. he just used some skim milk and i think on egg to dip it in to get the crumbs and seasoning to stick. :)
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    People tend to over cook pork to the point your better off making shoes with it than eating it, Google cooking temps for meats and also follow the recommended time for that specific temp. Oh Guy from food network made some the other day that looked awesome, made with a cherry sauce, soon to be my Saturday night dinner.
  • speedywyatt
    Options
    I'm making some tonight, all I do is roll mine in Italian breads crumbs and bake them at 350 for about 40-45 mins, turn them half way through, also spray some cooking spray on pan first, very juicy. I usually use the bone in ones so they are thinner and tastier..My husband loves them.
  • Hstjean
    Hstjean Posts: 2
    Options
    i just use salt and pepper and bake for 30 mintues, they are coming out dry because they are being cooked too long. You could do bread crumbs aswell. Yummy, or even on grill, i know you like to grill in the middle of winter LOL.. We are having pork chops tonight i am using a lemon pepper sause on them tonight. :love:
  • Smoodysmom
    Options
    slice an onion over them, place them in aluminum foil(don't wrap them tight, make sort of a pocket and fold the sides) before you put them in the oven that way the steam will stay in the foil and they will definitely come out moist :-).
  • heididormanen
    Options
    There is this great breading called oven fry.. you can find it where the shake and bake is and it makes awsome, yummy, crispy pork chops.

Also buy a food thermometer.. a remote one works best. You can put the probe in the food and then there is a remote read out, so you can get them out of the oven about 5 degrees undercooked then let them rest up to temperature. You will get perfect meat everytime!!
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    cook in pan and let simmer in tomato sauce with cut up green pepper and onions...Yum!
  • jaimelynnlewis
    Options
    I usually let my pork chops marinate in a little Worcestershire Sauce, alittle olive oil and then put some salt, pepper, and some poultry seasoning...bake at 400 for maybe 20 mins! Each oven is different so I would google what the proper temp. should be! My family and I love them :) Good luck!
  • OKSage
    OKSage Posts: 12
    Options
    My favorite way to fix pork chops is to grill them. I marinade them using the McCormick Grill Mates Zesty Herb packet for several hours. (All the McCormick dry marinades are really good - you mix with water, vinegar and oil) Just don't grill them too long or they do dry out...
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I usually put some olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper, garlic and rosemary on them and grill them. This is similar good recipe:

Mediterranean Pork Chops - Sonoma Diet Cookbook

Prep: 10 minutes
    Roast: 35 minutes
    Oven: 425 degrees F./350 degrees F.

4 boneless or bone-in pork loin chops, cut 1/2 inch thick (1 to 11/2 pounds)
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
    3 cloves garlic, minced (1-1/2 teaspoons minced)

Step 1: Sprinkle chops with kosher salt and pepper; set aside. In a small bowl combine rosemary and garlic. Sprinkle rosemary mixture evenly over both sides of each chop; rub in with fingers.

Step 2: Place chops on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast chops in a 425 degree F. oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. and continue roasting about 25 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted through side of chop registers 160 degrees F. (make sure tip of thermometer does not touch bone).
    Makes 4 servings.
    Nutrition facts per serving: 147 calories, 4 g fat, 71 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 24 g protein.
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    Anyone know a good way to make pork chops? LOL.Every time I cook them they come out so dry!!!!!!!!!

I think you are over cooking them. I don't like mine well done so I pull them when they're still slightly pink. They will continue to cook some after you take them off the heat. I never use a thermometer so I don't know what temp to tell you but you could google it. Remove them from heat when they still have 5-10 degrees left to reach the internal temp recommended.
  • crissi66
    crissi66 Posts: 98
    Options
    I made these last nite for lunch for the next few days and they came out amazingly delicious!!!!!

1 can campbells 98% fat free Cream of mushroom soup
    5 lean pork chops
    1 bag of seasoned stuffing mix
    half a small onion
    1 rib of celery
    chicken stock or mbt(dried in the envelope)
    french cut string beans
    3 tsp of flour
    1 tbsp of land o lake light butt with canola oil

i dredged the pork chops in flour and some mbt chicken. Then in any pan that works for you , I put about 1 tsp of butter in the bottom and let melt. once butter is melted i added my chops. The butter is just to prevent the chops from sticking, at this point i diluted some chicken mbt in water and added that to pork chops. I just cooked the chops until they were white in color on top. about 5-10 mins. once they are seemy cooked just transfer them to a plate.

in the same pan add about 1 tsp of butter, onions and celery. Cook until onions are transparent and celery is tender. Once your veggies are tender you want about 1 1/2 cups of water and mbt chicken . taste the broth before you add it to the pan and adjust how much mbt you need, you dont want it too salty. once your broth is in the pan and warm , pour some stuffing mix into the pan slowly. stir your mixture well so the onions and celery is incorporated to the stuffing mix.

once you stuffing is done place it into a baking dish and place your pork chops right on top.

Bake at 425 for about 15mins. While the chops are in the oven make your sauce. 1/2 a cup of Cream of mushrrom soup , 1/4 cup of white wine and 1/2 of chicken broth let these simmer together to cook out the alcohol in the wite wine. and about half a cup of water to mixture once the wine has cooked down.
    After the first 15 mins remove your chops and stuffing and spoon soome of the gravy over the stuffing and coat you chops in the gravy as well. put them back in the oven and cook until done.

i love french cut string beans so while the chops finished i sauteed them with some chicken broth.

once they are finished your servings should go as follows:

1 1/2 chops
    3/4 of a cup of stuffing and gravy
    a little les than 1/2 a cup of string beans

all together you should be at about 500 calories give or take a few. its a very simple process and they came out so good!!
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Im a crock pot gal... I just made pork chops last week.
    4-6 pork chops
    1 can cream of (your favorite) low sodium soup
    1 cut up red onion
    Let it go for 4 hours on high. DELICIOUS! Moist, tender, and oh so tasty. I served with Brown rice and apple sauce (homemade).
  • sharonmac
    sharonmac Posts: 119
    Options
    Yum!!! thanks everyone for all the recomendations