Unbiased TurboFire reviews please!

Options
Hi

I have just ordered TurboFire (thank you to Daisy80 for the link) and am after some reviews from people who have done it.

What do people think about it? Does it give good results? Would you recommend it to other people? Is it easy to pick up the moves? Good for toning up/losing inches? It certainly looks like a lot of fun!

I am primarly looking to lose about 12lbs and have all those jiggly bits become a lot less jiggly - especially on my arms and hips!!! I am currently doing 30 day shred and am planning to do TurboFire when I finish :)

xx

Replies

• PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    TurboFire is HARDCORE cardio. You can't even really call it cardio because it makes running on the treadmill look like a nice walk in the park. You really need to be fairly fit and have a strong heart to be able to keep up.

It's by NO means easy, but it's ALOT of fun. Extremely addictive and Chealene's possitivity is very contagious even when you'feel like you're about to die (lol). It'll take you a few tries to get the moves down, but once you do it's awesome.

It's definately a pleateau breaker and perfect for people that are pressed for time.

It's awesome. Period.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I agree w/pattywantstoloseweight. It's a super charged cardio workout but it is completely addictive! I LOVE the program, and I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to try it. There is a low impact modifier to show the moves w/out the jumping, but keeping the intensity. The new to class option is good when starting out as she breaks down the moves slowly before going full out. It may take a couple times or more to get the moves since it's fast paced. But if you stick with it, they'll get easier and you'll be able to put more into it. I'm sure you'll lose the 12lbs you want to. I did the 20 week schedule (tweaked it since I did not have the advanced DVDs @ the time), and lost 17 lbs.

Good luck!!! Enjoy!!!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For unbiased reviews on exercise DVDs this is a good place to look.

www.videofitness.com
  • mcbrika
    mcbrika Posts: 12
    Options
    I am in the last week of TurboFire. I did the Chalean Extreme/TurboFire Hybrid as I did not want to lose the muscle I gained after Chalean Extreme. I am not a dancy type person and the new to class option helped me a great deal. After using that option 3 or so times I got it down. She repeats moves in the different DVD's in different combinations. It is very fun and I will be doing another round starting next week. I have also done P90X and P90X plus and find this to be a better balance between cardio and strength training if you use the Chalean Extreme hybrid program. My results using these programs with proper clean eating has proven more effective than running and it's soooo much more fun!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Unbiased?? lol....good luck!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I love it. Tons of fun and I've lost a lot of inches.
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love TurboFire. It is a lot of fun. You made a good choice, it's a nice program to have. Moves are easy to pick up if you are used to Chalene's style. Music and moves are mostly fun, sometimes irritating. HIIT's are an eye opener for sure.

However, in reality, it's not as hard as everyone says.... depending on your level of fitness of course. I stopped following the schedule after week 1 because I did not find the planned workouts long or intense enough. I used it for about 2 months, and already found myself thinking that the workouts were easy, so had to move on to Insanity. Don't get me wrong, it did wonders for my cardio -- no way I could do Insanity without doing TurboFire first, and it has made it a lot easier to run for longer and faster. It's just not the hardest workout you will ever do.
  • tishamarieann
    Options
    LOVE TURBO FIRE!!!!!!! It is definetely the best video out there that is not boring, it has the fire dvds which are cardio and then the HIIT's which right now are the hottest thing out there people are just figuring out they work the best, she alternates them weekly with an easy schedule to follow, I lost about 20lbs with the 12 wk round and still do it to keep in shape!! It is very fun and you crave to do it!!!!! Nev a waste of money like alot of them!!!! :)
  • Pushingforward
    Options
    Totally Addicted to TURBOFIRE!! I love it and it really cranked up my workout rut I was in!! I would highly recommend this program to anyone who is commited to getting in shape.:smile:
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Cheers everyone!!

LOL and by "unbiased" I kind of meant from people who are not beachbody coaches (ie people who don't sell the thing as a part time job or whatever), but people who have bought it and used it because they got results, or actually not used it because they didn't think it was worth it.

I look forward to receiving it....! :smile:
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    I just got it two weeks ago.

What do people think about it? I think it's great. Some workouts are long and others are short. Either way I can fit it into my daughters nap time. And it never gets boring. I tried the Brazillian ButtLift workout by Beachbody a few months ago, and after two weeks I quit because it bored me, and wasn't any fun.

Does it give good results? I've lost 8 lbs in two weeks.

Would you recommend it to other people? Sure would.

Is it easy to pick up the moves? Most of the time. I am rythemlically (is that a word?) challenged, and I caught on pretty quick.

Good for toning up/losing inches? I'll let you know when I measure in two weeks.
  • brity77
    brity77 Posts: 38
    Options
    I don't have a review to add, but I just barely ordered mine on Friday and I am waiting for it to come! :) It seems completely intimidating but I am hoping it will help break this plateau I'm on. If you'd like to motivate each other, feel free to add me! :)
  • emicake4088
    Options
    I just ordered mine! I can't wait to start it!
  • snsmyth
    snsmyth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love TurboFire. I found it a little tough on the knees at first with the plyometrics, so I dialed it down a bit until I could handle it. Love the music, and the workouts are really fun. I am soaked with sweat by the end. The choreography is not that hard if you listen to Chalene's cues and you know left from right. Everything you do on one side will be repeated on the other. And if you mess up, keep punching and dancing because you still burn calories.
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbofire. I do not follow the schedule though. I discovered it at my gym last yr (at the gym it is called Turbokick) and was doing it about 4x's a week 60 min classes. I had great results. They no longer have it at the gym so I bought the DVD's for days I can't make it to the gym. It's so fun! It has great music and flies by. It is not easy but if you can find a workout you enjoy doing that's what counts! Good luck.
  • HeartRN77
    HeartRN77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have just about every workout video ever made Insanity, P90 X, Turbo Fire , JM Body Revolution ect.. I love them all and I do them accourding to my mood Insanity when I feel like kicking some *kitten* and Turbo Fire when I want something fun most of the the I do Jillian Michaels her videos seem to burn the most calories the video Boost Metabolism is 45 minutes and sometime I burn over 700 calories with that one.
  • almarkdreams1
    Options
    I've been using it for 3 weeks straight and have lost 10 pounds so far with a healthy diet. It's definitely hard but so much fun!! I love it and I think you will too! :) Good Luck!
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm loving TurboFire! Yes, I used to sell BB, but dont' know - i've used many other workouts too, so I'm not biased - there are some I don't like. I find it fun - I am not coordinated in the least & picked up on the moves after a few workouts. You'll love it! Chalene is a lot of fun and very motivating - sometimes I little chatty at the end for my taste, but that's when I turn it off LOL
  • cyncity34
    Options
    Turbofire is the best!
  • paytenpar2014
    Options
    Turbo fire is. Great workout! But personally, I get bored with workouts very easily and doing the same 12 workouts for 3 months is just unrealistic (I'm having a hard enough time doing each level of 30ds for 10 days!) but it is intense, it's fun, and Charlene has a great motivating personality! Another thing that I didn't care for was the length of the videos. I realized more recently that I will always dread coming home to an hour long DVD; it's impossible for me to stick to. But if you give me one that's half an hour, I can actually commit to it. Again, these are my personal preference,the longest one was 55 minutes I think? But it is a really great workout! And you'll get great results :)