First Day

Options
Hello,
Took forever to record everything I ate. I thought I was doing great til I saw how it all added up!! Despite running 2 miles today and eating carefully, I'm going to miss dinner now!
This isn't fun:sad:

Replies

• bonniekay
    Options
    Hello,
    Took forever to record everything I ate. I thought I was doing great til I saw how it all added up!! Despite running 2 miles today and eating carefully, I'm going to miss dinner now!
    This isn't fun:sad:
  • amLabrada
    amLabrada Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)

Oh, trust me, you're not alone... when I first started recording what i ate, I was shocked.
    It gets easier, I promise, you'll learn more about what to eat (and not eat) as time goes on. I've only been here for a little while, and already I feel better about knowing what I put into my body.
    Best of luck! :)
  • JanCar
    Options
    Hang in there! It'll get better, but some days are definitely harder than others. I've gotten used to eating a lot of the same types of foods and meals, which makes it a lot easier to keep track as the day goes on! You can do it!:wink:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I am sure everyone here has been through this. Don't fret. Be proud of yourself for putting all of your foods into the log. Lots of people "forget" to do this. You've started down a great path. I don't know what your time zone is, but how about a walk or light job before dinner.... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hi there !! first thing welcome :flowerforyou:

first couple of times logging your food you will realize a lot of thing, witch is really good :)

you said you would skip dinner, i wouldnt advise it though, your body doesnt work in a 24 clock, and your sugar level will go down you body will be looking for energy, i'm not an expert but i've read alot and from what i read the longuer you wait more of that energy will come from muscle.

read this article
    http://www.fitsense.co.uk/fit_article.php?id=100
    (first posted by banks on this forum, i though it was very informative)
    i've found that i do great with 5 meals a day every 3 hours

i would take today as experience ... and have dinner :)
    it will take time to make up new habits and will get into a routine,

hope you enjoy this site !!
    i always though it was the most amazing cummunity !!
    may:drinker:
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

Log it before you eat it!!! Its easier to control you meals that way.

Good luck:drinker:
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

Log it before you eat it!!! Its easier to control you meals that way.

Good luck:drinker:
    I have had to log before eating always, it helps that way I cant say I "accidentally" went over on my calories.