question for the girls about "the girls"...

Options
Where can I go to have someone actually FIT me for a bra? I am so tired of trying out bras and then buying them only to have them ride up in the back. I know it does this because I am pear shaped, but I keep thinking that there has to be a bra out there somewhere that will actually stay put! Any suggestions?? :huh:

Replies

• bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret will fit you for a bra with no purchase required. Just go in and ask. :)
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    Enell will custom make really great, long lasting sports bras based upon the measurements you furnish them. Keeps the sisters from jiggling, that's for sure.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Fashion Bug.
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    Oh ya, and as a testament to my prior statement: I just worked out in my Enell bra this morning... that I bought in 2006!! It's a little ragged but it still works like a charm!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to do the same thing. No bra seems to fit right and it drives me crazy. I think I'll take, bbygrl15's advice and hit up Victoria's Secret (never been there, for I'm always felt unsexy :blushing:); however, I do think I'll wait until I reach my goal in my weight loss because I'm pretty sure they will shrink eventually...
  • mrsbullard21
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Lane Bryant does free fittings as well.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Where can I go to have someone actually FIT me for a bra? I am so tired of trying out bras and then buying them only to have them ride up in the back. I know it does this because I am pear shaped, but I keep thinking that there has to be a bra out there somewhere that will actually stay put! Any suggestions?? :huh:

I've never been to a department store that wouldn't fit you for a bra free... Pennies, Dillards, Macy's, Fredrick's, Viki's... Probably any large store in your local mall.
  • mkfehringer
    Options
    Nordstrom's and most JCPenneys will fit you as well. Nothing is more frustrating than bras you notice all day.
  • lduffee
    lduffee Posts: 14
    Options
    Do you have an outlet mall near you? The Jockey Stores also do a great job of bra fitting.
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    JC Pennys will measure you for a bra and they have a great selection to choose from
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I worked at victoria secret for a while... I would suggest if the strap rides up in the back. that you don't have the right CUP size on. Most wome are wearing a too small cup size and a too big band size.....

my suggestion would be to go get measured.... and then try on the size they tell you for instance a 36 C and then go one size bigger on the cup and one size smaller on the band so a 34 D and try that one as well....

That generally tends to fit better. I always get told when I get measured that I am a 36 or a 34 C but when ever I buy that bra size it fits TERRIBLY! So I tried out a 32 D and it fits like a dream!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to do the same thing. No bra seems to fit right and it drives me crazy. I think I'll take, bbygrl15's advice and hit up Victoria's Secret (never been there, for I'm always felt unsexy :blushing:); however, I do think I'll wait until I reach my goal in my weight loss because I'm pretty sure they will shrink eventually...

Victoria's Secret markets themselves as very sexy, but when you walk in the store, it's seriously like any other mall store. The girls have been trained how to measure for bras and are very professional. Definitely don't feel intimidated. :)
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Most department stores claim to do bra fittings, but I've never found the bras they pick out any better than what I could find on my own. Same any other retail store.

When I got married a couple of years ago I was quite concerned because I needed something unique to work with my wedding dress, and ....well... lets just say my cup runneth over....

that's when I stumbled across a local lady with a reputation of being "The Bra Lady"
    She sells Jeunique bras - which are completely different then what you would find in any store - including specialty stores like victoria secrets and La Sensa.

These bras are phenomenal. The construction is totally different then typical bras, so the weight of the ladies is supported by your rib cage not your back and shoulders. And they are not droopy and no uniboob.

When I first tried one it raised the ladies a good 2 inches (i could tell because of the red markings from where the old one would dig into my rib cage. And I never get any back or shoulder pain anymore. i felt like I looked 20 pounds lighter and 10 years younger. They are pricey, but very durable, and in my opinion, worth any penny.

Here's a link to their website, if you go there and then pick your country, you can go through their website to find a bra lady in your area. - or just skip all that and email me with your address and they will have someone contact you.

http://www.jeunique.com/en/pages/bodyfashions/jeunique.html

Best wishes!
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good department stores (Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor, etc.) all have good lingerie departments. Most of the women who work there are career employees who have been there for years and years and actually know how to measure you properly.
    I'm in the same boat, but i think it's more about the "back fat" that I am struggling with.
    Good luck.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    macy's even does fittings. If you are self conscious... measure around your rib cage just below your breasts this is the band size (i.e. 38) and then measure over the densest part of your breast tissue (usually nipple line) and for each inch difference it is a cup size (so you measure 41 inches > 41-38= 3 so C cup) So the size is now 38C. Now you have a rough idea of what size you want so try on a bunch till you find a fit you love. remember thick straps tend to stay in place more. you get the support from the band, not the straps and that a good bra is worth the money you spend on it.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oh and don't believe the "sister size" nonesense.... it works for One size,... meaning a 34D and a 36C are relatively close and will generallly work but dont let them tell you that a 38B works just as good as a 34D its a load of crap.
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Is there a lady grace near you? they do all under garments for all sizes.
  • Akeddie
    Akeddie Posts: 18
    Options
    We have a place here in my city called Dawns Bratique. It's by appointment only because they set you up with a sales girl who fits you properly. Starts out with measuring then they give you a bra to try on. The sale girl comes in and adjusts it properly for you, makes sure everything is good and if not, they try a different one. They sell from A - M sizes, average bra cost is $150 CDN, and average time spent is an hour. You may want to look up custom bra fittings on google for your city/town.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Most department stores claim to do bra fittings, but I've never found the bras they pick out any better than what I could find on my own. Same any other retail store.

When I got married a couple of years ago I was quite concerned because I needed something unique to work with my wedding dress, and ....well... lets just say my cup runneth over....

that's when I stumbled across a local lady with a reputation of being "The Bra Lady"
    She sells Jeunique bras - which are completely different then what you would find in any store - including specialty stores like victoria secrets and La Sensa.

These bras are phenomenal. The construction is totally different then typical bras, so the weight of the ladies is supported by your rib cage not your back and shoulders. And they are not droopy and no uniboob.

When I first tried one it raised the ladies a good 2 inches (i could tell because of the red markings from where the old one would dig into my rib cage. And I never get any back or shoulder pain anymore. i felt like I looked 20 pounds lighter and 10 years younger. They are pricey, but very durable, and in my opinion, worth any penny.

Here's a link to their website, if you go there and then pick your country, you can go through their website to find a bra lady in your area. - or just skip all that and email me with your address and they will have someone contact you.

http://www.jeunique.com/en/pages/bodyfashions/jeunique.html

Best wishes!

I took a look at their site and just from the looks of the bra, it gives you the dreaded pointy boobs. I really dislike that. :laugh:
  • maryellengallagher
    Options
    There is an excellent bra fitter at Macy's here in Boise, Idaho. She really knew how to fit them and spent an hour with me.