What's it with all the bumping lately...seriously...

Options
2»

Replies

• amberpaigee
    Options
    I like to 'bump' a post where there is information in that I want to read later! That way, when I have time, I can just click on 'My Topics' and see the topics I want to read, rather than having a big bookmark folder (which has got too many bookmarks in it already, haha!).

Get firefox plus it's extension "read it later"...

I have firefox but would rather just 'bump'! It's quick and simple!! :)

I don't think that bumping ruins the conversation flow! People can just scroll past all the bumps if they wish and read the more 'indepth' comments! It doesn't cause offense to anyone and I doubt many people avoid the message boards because of bumping? If anything it allows interesting and informative topics to be visible to people who don't have time to read all the topics on the message board!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Pmub signed the dyslectic.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    These forums are not very organized. The search function while useful leaves much to be desired. Bump is our solution.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Forum users need to utilize the search function in order for usefulness to be applied. But for the sake of the topic:

"BUUUUUMP!"
    :bigsmile:
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    This is my personal opinion and am not starting anything but I could not disagree with you more.

I'm sorry if it offends you that someone "bumps" a post but at the end of the day it does not affect (postively OR negatively) on your overall health goals.

There are many reasons previously stated on why someone would bump, including to read it later (since it then saves in "Your Topics" it *IS* acceptable).

While I do agree a "watch" or "tag" feature (as someone mentioned) would be great, it just currently is not available so we use the means that we have available.

You can choose to not post, ignore, or continue to gripe about it but at the end of the day... it's not going to change a thing.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    These forums are not very organized. The search function while useful leaves much to be desired. Bump is our solution.

Yes, definitely this. Bumping makes posts more visible. It’s a way of saying, “Other people should see this.” Bumps are often done by people who have already contribute to thread, but want to keep it visible in Recent Posts. Bumping is also a way of bookmarking posts for future reference under My Topics.

I know that as an old school internet geek (and I count myself as one—met my husband on a BBS in 1996), I think it’s easy to get caught up on how these things should work, have worked, were-so-much-better-before. But it’s happier and easier to just let it go.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Pmub signed the dyslectic.

HAHAHAHAHA.....THAT'S JUST FUNNY!