OUCH!

Options
Bootzey
Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
Peace,

I am in my 5th week of P90x and I got a stitch in my knee that shot pain from my inner knee to my groin (if girls have groins). The pain started in the middle of Pylo and it happened last week during core synergistics too. It happened in the same place each time, inner knee. I had to stop and massage it out so I could finish the workout. Now I'm stiff. If it does like it did last week, I'll be stiff until tomorrow sometime.

Anybody have any insight into what is happening with me?

Peace

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    You might have pulled something
  • lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If the pain continues, you might want to check with a sports injury doctor or someone that specializes in orthopedics. It could be something simple as a pulled muscle or something as great as a meniscus tear in the middle of your knee.

When I had pain shooting from my knee to my groin, I had Iliotibial band syndrome but that is more associated with the thigh although it causes pain on the side of the knee as the muscle ends up pulling the knee alignment out of place. IBS takes a long time to heal.

Another thing you might want to do is rest it; although massaging it out and continuing to workout seems like a good thing, you might actually be injuring it further. Pain is not your friend.