Heart rate monitors

Options
Hi there,
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good heart rate monitor that isn't too pricey? They are mighty expensive but because of maternity leave, I'm on a budget. I'd love to get my hands on one for no more than $60.00. But I want a decent one and I have no idea where to start looking. Now that the nice weather is around the corner, I think I'd like to give running a try!
Thanks in advance,
Tiffany

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    look on EastBay.com they have one on sale right now.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have a sportline sx with a chest strap and I think I got it for around that price at Walmart. I think it's pretty accurate. I tested it against my treadmill the other day and it was only below by a little.
  • sexyjeans
    sexyjeans Posts: 49
    Options
    I just got a Polar through Amazon. It was more like $90--but it's good quality and I've had good luck with it so far.
  • tgbjr1973
    tgbjr1973 Posts: 23
    Options
    I just ordered the Omron HR-100C on Amazon for $32.99. The reviews are 4/5 stars and it looks pretty good for the money. Time will tell.

If money wasn't an object, the Polars have consistent high reviews, but they are considerably more expensive as well.
  • emoflosser
    emoflosser Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft7 that I love love love, it was $80 w/ free shipping on Ebay. That would be $20 extra, but soooo worth it!
  • thesweetp
    Options
    I saw a bunch at stylesense in vaughan mills mall. You live in gta right? I think i saw some for 20. They looked decent.
  • tb99al
    tb99al Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Ill check out all of your suggestions :-)
  • thesweetp
    Options
    Oh there is a stylesense in oakville too which shoild be closer to you ;)