Still logging everything you eat?

2»

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I think I'll have to log forever. I forget all those little bites when I don't.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I still log everything. I think I always will. I want this to be a lifestyle. I do not want to ever gain and have to lose this weight again.
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    I learned the hard way that I have to log what I eat. If it is getting close to the end of the day and I am close to going over my calories for the day, I know I have to eat less for dinner and/or exercise more to make up for it. It works for me!!
  • I still feel the need to log everything, I know how many calories I eat without it but it is nice to see all the other nutrition facts at the end of the day! It honestly makes weight loss more fun!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Thanks guys for the input, I feel like GodBlessOurHOme, that I am retraining my brain for a new lifestyle to know what my diet should be from now on. I'll definately keep logging until I reach my goal, and then check in regularly to keep myself in check. 35 more pounds to go!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    I have absolutely no intention to do this for the rest of my life.

For me this is a temporary measure until I have achieved my aim. This is in my mind temporary assistance to keep me on the right track, but until a recent injury I have never been overweight, I have no emotional food issues etc etc.

So personally I'm looking at this as a temporary measure.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    I log everything! The iphone app makes it a lot easier for me to log, but I find that it really helps!

I pretty much know what and how much I should be eating, however, I think I log so that I don't revert back to my old ways, and so that I know when I can have that icecream...
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    I find that I do eventually get comfortable enough from time to time but then I slide slowly... I still eat the right foods but the portions just aren't right. so even when I don't log, I still need to weigh stuff.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    I log everything, and I do it everyday. I have a generic phone so when I am not home, I write down everything in a little notebook that I carry in my purse, and then I enter the info in the PC.

I like to see the calories and micronutrients right in front of my eyes and also the amount of calories that I burn exercising. I don't know if I will do this for ever, but so far, I am not planning to stop anytime soon.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    I will log until I reach my goal weight. I am very clear on what healthy foods are and appropriate portion sizes, but losing the weight requires a certain attention and discipline that I don’t believe I can have without recording what I eat (either here or elsewhere). There is something about writing it all down that really works for me. But I have no intention of doing this for life. After 90+ pounds of weight-loss, I’m hoping to have a permanently changed relationship with food a fitness that paying such close attention wo what I eat is no longer necessary. But that won’t be for *at least* another year.
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    I think that logging whether on mfp or just on paper makes you think a lot more about what you are eating. If you feel that you can maintain a balance then do what you feel but if you start feeling your clothes getting a bit tighter then start logging again!!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Just wondered after being on MFP for a while, do you still feel the need to log all of your meals or have you gotten to the point where you get IT and you don't need to log everything, everyday. After being on vacation last week with no internet available and feeling comfortable with my portions and not feeling lost because I didn't have MFP to tell me the calories in my meals, I feel like I'm getting to that point and I'm pretty happy about it. You?

I'm still logging everything, but in fairness, I've only joined 6/7 weeks ago.

I would like to think that once I've reached my target and have been in "maintenance mode" for a while, that I can stop logging. I don't want to obsess too much about calories, I don't think that's healthy, but for now, it's a brilliant tool to get myself in the right mindset.
  • lalahawley
    lalahawley Posts: 19 Member
    I do...because for me...it's a check system for myself. I know if I stick it in my mouth...I have to write it down. I'm also watching my sodium intake...I have high blood pressure. So a lot of times I'll see what it's going to be and if I don't like what I see, I don't eat it! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.