Fruits!!

Options
jdavis193
jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
How many of you eat your daily amount of fruits!!!I was looking at some food diaries just to get ideas of new things to eat. I have been noticing that there are hardly any fruits every day. I eat at least 2-3 a day instead of the processed sugar and I am still over. I see a lot of processed sugars. I notice a huge difference when I eat my snack between breakfast and lunch if I eat a protein with a fruit I am full. Today I had a fiber one bar didn't do anything for me. I was starving.

Replies

• lduffee
    lduffee Posts: 14
    Options
    Lots of liquids with a Fiber Bar! Water, Green tea, whatever floats your boat! But DRINK. you will be full! :wink:
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Ya I drink a gallon a day of water.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit. My fav is a large Fuji apple. So much sweet and crunchy yumminess! Takes a lot longer to eat than applesauce or soemthing that does not require so much chewing. Fruit is like nature's candy!
  • formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    I eat any where from 2-3 a day. I love fruit and HATE veggies. If you look at my log you will see greenbeans and carrots..LOL. I do not eat sugar only get sugar from fruits. Also I was advised to stay away from the bars. They are like eating a candy bar becasue there really is not much nutritional value?? I have done better since I have stopped them:tongue:
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I think another thing is that right now there isn't a huge selection of fruit because it is winter... and the fruit that they do have that gets shipped from warmer climates is expensive...

as for me I don't like apples or oranges... so I dont' eat a lot of fruit in the winter... but stores just started getting in the seasonal fruit! so Im sure people will start stocking up more now!
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Yes well I see people that are under carbs and sugar bc they don't add fruit!! They say we need 2-5 servings of fruit a day. I usually eat 2-3. I try and eat a fruit with protein. They say that processes better.
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    Fruits are full of sugar that we really don't need. Get your vitamins from elsewhere and avoid fruits if you can. Veggies>Fruits.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Fruit and veggies are really good for you. I don't knwo who told you that but they are wrong. That's the kind of sugar we need. Not the processed.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Yes well I see people that are under carbs and sugar bc they don't add fruit!! They say we need 2-5 servings of fruit a day. I usually eat 2-3. I try and eat a fruit with protein. They say that processes better.

I'm always under my carbs and I eat lots of fruit. I eat around 3 servings a day plus tons of veggies! :)
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I eat fruits every day. Berries are big with me right now. Apples too. I dont care about going over on my sugar. No processed sugars for me, so I dont think it is a bad. I was sweating it for a little bit, but fruits are so good for you. I will deal with the consequences.
  • mercedes160
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of fruit, but when I do , I try to eat the ones that are low in sugar and carbs, I stay in the berry family, strawberries blueberries, when I eat Bars, there are the ones high in protein and again I watch out for the carbs and sugar. Sometimes if I am doing a meal replacement protein shake, I add the berries and flax seed, ice , water, it comes out pretty thick and very filling
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veggies are really good for you. I don't knwo who told you that but they are wrong. That's the kind of sugar we need. Not the processed.

:happy: Yes i totally agree with this. I eat at least 2 peices of fruit a day (usually more) and lots of vegetables with my evening meal. Since ensuring i keep to this i can assure you i feel better and i feel fuller for longer :)
  • jdavis193
    Options
    No I'm usually under!! But it just cracks me up to see people eat processed over fruits. I used to not eat as much fruit and changed. I was usually buying the snack bars and 100 calorie bars. I have changed. Some people think that fruits are bad for you. Which they aren't. I don't really watch my sugar or carbs really.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Does flaxseed have a taste? I was thinking about getting some.
  • Grammy54
    Grammy54 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It is the difference of sugar fiber one bars have refined sugars this can make you crave more. I eat lots of fruit I even include them in my meals. This will make healthy food taste better. Such as raisins, apples ,dates, nuts and spices can make plain brown rice taste so much better with out adding butter or salt. It also adds more flavor. Sweet potatoes taste better by whipping them in apple juice instead of butter. Use your imagination. It is fun and low calorie.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    It is the difference of sugar fiber one bars have refined sugars this can make you crave more. I eat lots of fruit I even include them in my meals. This will make healthy food taste better. Such as raisins, apples ,dates, nuts and spices can make plain brown rice taste so much better with out adding butter or salt. It also adds more flavor. Sweet potatoes taste better by whipping them in apple juice instead of butter. Use your imagination. It is fun and low calorie.

Ya there are so many ways to incorporate fruit into your day. There are so many recipes for it. I usually eat a banana with my breakfast a fruit with my snack and a fruit with my lunch. The rest are veggies some days. Not big into to many but trying to get there.