Coffee!!!!!

Options
I sooo struggle with my coffee craving!! I like it light and sweet...just like me (bad joke sorry LOL) :laugh: Anywho, the sweet part is fine with stevia or truvia but what is the lowest cal creamer I should go with? I don't want to spend up my cals on creamer but would love to enjoy a cup! Thanks :drinker:

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Switch out creamer for milk and learn to love it lol I only drink my coffee black now....unless it's Tim Horton's, then I get 1 milk 1/2 sugar because it's nasty just black.
  • amylary
    amylary Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i use the fat free coffeemate creamer plain so no sweetner in it and there is always the sugar free creamers in the flavors . not sure how natural you wanna go . but i have to have my coffee everyday , i cant give up everything so i make allowances where i can and splurge on a few things to get through life . good luck
  • JanellesLife
    JanellesLife Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Milk has enough sugar in it to sweeten it up for me, but I've recently been using the light vanilla soy milk - adds just the right amount of sweetness and adds protein too.
  • rrossiiu
    rrossiiu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla flavored almond milk, which has 90 calories for a cup. I usually only use about 2 tbls.
  • Rdlm1001
    Rdlm1001 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black, but when I used to use cream, I used the fat free half and half. It's right next door to the reg. half and half. Actually how I ended up black was because I gave up sugar for Lent and then started weening off the cream. As a single girl, I always have an empty fridge and not having to stock cream was one less thing to worry about LOL
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I use fat free 1/2 and 1/2 less calories and more flavor (while using less) 2 tablespoons ~ 20 cals. If you even would need that much, I don't not in one cup of coffee.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    In regular Half and Half, its 315 calories for one cup of it. there are 16 table spoons in a cup so 315 divided by 16 is about 20 calories per table spoon. that isn't too bad. I am not sure how much you like in your coffee tho.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It's powdered and I haven't gotten it perfected yet but you are welcome to try:

1 cup powdered non-fat milk
    10 tsp truvia (you will have to increase if you use another type--stevia is much sweeter than others)
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1-2 tsp imitation vanilla extract (no alcohol)

I put it in the food processor for a minute or two, then let it dry overnight (i stick it in the microwave so i know nothing will get in there) , then buzz it around again in the processor to distribute the vanilla.

It comes in at 13 cals per tbsp with 1 tsp vanilla. I am currently trying vanilla powder but not very impressed so my next trial will be drying vanilla beans and making my own powder (which will reduce the calories even more.)

Good luck and let me know if you find a good one :)
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I sooo struggle with my coffee craving!! I like it light and sweet...just like me (bad joke sorry LOL) :laugh: Anywho, the sweet part is fine with stevia or truvia but what is the lowest cal creamer I should go with? I don't want to spend up my cals on creamer but would love to enjoy a cup! Thanks :drinker:

I couldn't survive without my coffee every day and as this is not just a short term thing, I want my healthy eating etc to be long term I refuse to cut it out.
    I do however have skimmed milk (have never taken sugar so that is not an issue).

I spend 120 calories a day on 4 cups of coffee with skimmed milk - and I manage just fine with this.

Maybe you could try switching to a lower fat version of creamer or even going on to milk?
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I use Fat Free French Vanilla Coffeemate. 1 tbsp is 25 calories. It adds the sweetness and the creaminess. I love it. Just make sure you count the calories and measure it! I could not go a morning without it (well, if I did it wouldn't be pretty)!!!
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great suggestions! I should've mentioned that my coffee craving is usually for starbucks, I would get their bold pick, half and half (but I know I use alot), and a flavored syrup. I recently tried the sugar free syrup but still went with the half and half and by my estimate of how much I used I know I was probably way over 100 cals. I think I'll try some of the lower cal creamer suggestions and keep it here at work and if I still have my craving I can make some and use the better for me calorie wise creamer. See how I worked that all out in my head and typed at the same time.... lol Thanks again all :)