ab toning

catysthename
catysthename Posts: 278 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been trying to tone my abs for awhile now and only the top part of them are getting any results. How do i get rid of the pooch?

Replies

• Grammy54
    Grammy54 Posts: 21 Member
    Work your legs and aerobics. Eat less sugar it goes right to the tummy.
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    lie on your back with your hands to your sides, behind your head, or on your tummy (not under your butt!), legs out front, lift them into the air until you make a 90 degree angle, then lower them back down to a few inches off the ground. this will help the pooch. I like them much more than things like planks. But planks are also really helpful
  • ebergmann
    ebergmann Posts: 14
    The lower abs are tough to get toned, but the way I've found works for me is a) doing planks or b) leg lifts. start by lying on your back with your legs at a 90 degree angle from the floor. I breathe in as I lower them down and then exhale to help bring my legs back to 90. Make sure that your back stays flat on the floor and that it's always supported, otherwise you'll hurt your back. I do 40 leg lifts, 20 in the morning and 20 at night (or some other variation that works best). When I started I did 3 sets of 10 because that was all my abs could take.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    cardio! you can strengthen your abs as much as you want but won't "see" the results until you lose the fat surrounding them. clean eating and cardio will help reduce.
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    lie on your back with your hands to your sides, behind your head, or on your tummy (not under your butt!), legs out front, lift them into the air until you make a 90 degree angle, then lower them back down to a few inches off the ground. this will help the pooch. I like them much more than things like planks. But planks are also really helpful

What are planks?
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    That part of your abs may require most of the work to be done in the kitchen. Genetics can make it flat out impossible. We don't have the same number of fat cells from person to person and they are not distributed the same either.
This discussion has been closed.