Advicee please :)

Options
Right my daily allowance of calories is 1410 however i have burned 537 calories on the machienes in the gym so that means im going to be eating 873. But because i dont want my body to go into starvation mode i have decided to eat 1737 calories as 1737 - the amount of calories i burned = 1200 .... would that be acceptable ?

Confusing i know but was just wondering :)

Replies

• zoeyjane138
    Options
    i find that i always have to eat back my calories that i burn from exercise. if i dont then i end up gaining weight, not loosing it.. it all depends on who you talk to about wether you should eat them back or not, but i reccomend that you do..
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    yes eat your exercise calories.
  • reemasolanki
    Options
    I would think that is actually very sensible. Eating back those calories, but not going under 1200 seems right to me. That is what I try to do everyday.
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    Definitely eat your exercise calories. :)
  • fit4lifeministries
    Options
    Without those calories for fuel, your body will begin eating the muscle that you have gained through your workout. Very counterproductive. The muscle burns calories 24hrs. a day. Gotta eat. Just make sure what you are eating is a lot of green vegtables, lean protein and fiber. In other words, a balanced diet making up your alloted calories.
  • xbabeykayx
    Options
    Ive just worked out that im eating 327 calories out of the 537 excercise calories.... thats okay if i just eat more than half of my excercise calories instead of them all??
  • lpkull
    lpkull Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question. I have been exercising and logging for about a month and have only lost a pound! getting so frustrated and was about to not log my exercise calories burned and stick to 1200 calories. What I am reading is that I should eat all of my exercise calories in addition to my daily 1200. I have a lot to loose (30+), so thought it would come off faster with all of this moving and calorie counting!
  • Mollywater
    Mollywater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would think that is actually very sensible. Eating back those calories, but not going under 1200 seems right to me. That is what I try to do everyday.

I agree. This is what I do too!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Right my daily allowance of calories is 1410 however i have burned 537 calories on the machienes in the gym so that means im going to be eating 873. But because i dont want my body to go into starvation mode i have decided to eat 1737 calories as 1737 - the amount of calories i burned = 1200 .... would that be acceptable ?

Confusing i know but was just wondering :)

You have the first part backwards but I think you end up right at the end If you're daily allowance is 1410 and you burned 537 calories from exercise then your total net calorie allowance for today is 1947. However I try to leave an additional 150-200 calorie deficit to account for food underestimation and exercise overestimation. If you did that then you would need to eat 1747 today which is about where you ended up.
  • AshleyB1183
    Options
    I was having a hard time at first losing weight because I wasn't eating back the calories that I had burned. Once I did I started losing.
  • skwolf
    skwolf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have been doing this App for 40 days and workout 3 times a week. I usually do 509 calories on the machines and my daily calorie allowance is 1200.

On my workout days I always use my full calorie allowance and usesome of the amount I have accumulated in my workout session. I have always lost weight on a weekly basis, so don't worry because although you have burned so many calories working out , your body continues to burn calories for a period after.

Don't make the mistake of not using your calories because your body will start to go in to starvation mode, people think if they eat less calories than stated that they will loss more but your body doesn't work like that so don't deprive yourself. it good that you are doing the exercise too. Keep it up. The App is brilliant.:happy: :smile:
  • skwolf
    skwolf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do the same as the advicee when exercising it may seem to be alot more calories but it works and you do lose the weight. I usually leave about 150-200 again to counter balance anything I may have miss calculated.