need hrm advise fast

Options
im after purchasing one of these later today

need help

ok im not a millionaire so will be on a budget
what am i looking for
how do you work out calories burnt ? do you require one that does calories or is there some other way to do it

hellllp

thanx

edit : would this be ok

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9279526/Trail/searchtext%3EHEART+RATE+MONITOR.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Here's a great write-up by Azdak:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

at a minimum, make sure you get one with a chest strap so you get continuous monitoring.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I agree a chest strap is a must. I personally have a Polar FT4. I only needed one to count my calories burned and it does a good job!
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I agree with the chest strap advise as well! They are great!! I love my Polar FT40, they to run a little expencive like $120-$180. I know amazon has a Polar FT4 for around $80 if that isn't too much. Also I'd check ebay, I got mine for $50 brand new!! They sometimes have so good deals.
  • losing4myself
    Options
    I AM SUPER TIGHT ON MONEY AS WELL BUT I JUST BOUGHT A BODYBUGG AND ALREADY LOVE IT SOOOOOOO MUCH. I GOT IT FOR $135 AT 24HR FITNESS ONLINE. IT'S WHAT THE BIGGEST LOSER PEOPLE WEAR ON THEIR ARMS. TODAY WAS MY FIRST FULL DAY WEARING MINE AND I JUST LOVE IT!!! IT RECORDS YOUR CALORIES BURNED ALL DAY LONG SO LONG AS YOU'RE WEARING IT. I DEFIANTLY RECCOMEND IT. IF YOU'RE GOING TO SPEND MONEY ON SOMETHING YOU MAY AS WELL MAKE YOUR INVESTMENT A GOOD ONE!!
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    thx all above and the messages sent

allways get good advice on here :D
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I got a Polat FT7 and I absolutely adore it. A chest strap is key. with my FT7, I have found myself still wearing it hours after my workout if I don't shower right away. It's that invisible.
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I bought one at walmart that has a chest strap. I love it so far! The best part was it was only $48
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    bump